Chapter 13: Free

I truly had no idea how long I had stayed there for. To me, it was all a blur of blood and pain. It was training. My father made me practice my powers everyday, almost like he was trying to make me stronger. I trained hard everyday to make him proud and I came up with brilliant plans for him and I to execute together, but for some reason he never wanted me to go. That made me sad, so I kept pushing myself further in order to impress him so that maybe we could go out on a mission together. It was late one night at the school and I was training outside when Mommy and Daddy told me that they would be inside waiting until my training was over since they usually supervised me. I was happy that they trusted me enough to leave me alone. I smiled and nodded as I said goodbye to them. It was roughly and hour later that I saw them coming. They looked familiar, but I couldn't tell from where, but they looked like the Justice League and Daddy had told me that the Justice League was an enemy. I got ready to fight. They all landed in front of me and I was ready to attack.

"Oh my god, Amelia. What have they done to you?" the brunet in the all green costume with a ring on her right hand spoke in shock.

"How do you know my name? Who are you?" I asked.

"We're your team." Batman's little bird said.

"No! I don't have a team! I only work with Mommy and Daddy! You're the enemy! I'm meant to protect them!"

"Amelia, stop! We're your friends!" the red headed boy in yellow yelled.

"Miss Martian, use your telekinesis! See what's wrong!" The boy with the large S on his shirt said.

"I can't. She's blocking me out." the girl with the green skin, apparently called Miss Martian said.

"My Daddy's been training me for bad people like you! I'll never be beaten by you!" I yelled.

"Amelia, your father has done something to you! Your name is originally Amelia Joker, but you were adopted by the Lionhart's and then by Bruce Wayne. You are the superhero named Consumer! We were best friends in high-school. You are in love with Wally West! You're twenty-three years old!" the girl all in green spoke again.

"Twenty-three?" I asked. "I'm not twenty-three. I'm five years old. I've never even left home before. I've been with Mommy and Daddy my whole life."

"You're twenty-three! You hate your mother and father!" she said.

"Don't you dare talk about Mommy and and Daddy like that!" I yelled.

I moved forward and attacked, not showing any restraint for this girl who claimed that she was my best friend. I instantly had my hands ignite on fire and I knocked her off her feet and moved to land a fiery hand on her chest, but she rolled away, causing me to hit the ground. I saw the rest of the strangers advancing closer to me and I growled, spreading a fire wall between us. The boy with gills doused the flames and I growled again. I pulled out my gun and shot the boy with the giant S on his shirt, right in the chest with a kryptonite bullet. Daddy had told me that anyone with the large S on their shirt was allergic to kryptonite just like me. They all screamed and I slammed my fists to the ground, creating a solid wall between us. I turned back to the girl with the green ring and I ran at her with my super speed and sped up behind her, landing a blow in her spine. She flew backwards and I went right after her. Suddenly, a giant green hand came out of the air, knocking me to the side and slamming me roughly into the ground. I pretended to be knocked unconscious, and the green hand vanished. As soon as it did, I snapped my eyes open and jumped onto her, knocking her to the ground and I wrapped my hands around her throat. I began to laughed maniacally as my hands began cutting off her air flow.

"A-Amelia..." she gasped.

Instantly an alarm went off in my head giving me a splitting headache. I let go of the girl's throat and I grasped my head, kneeling on the ground. I felt tears in my eyes and the pain in my body was overwhelming. I looked up at the girl and I recognized her instantly.

"K-Kaira?"

"Oh thank god, Amelia." she let out a breath of relief.

"You have to get out of here! He's implanted microchips into my moter cortex and the anterior cingulate cortex of my brain! He's controlling my movements and emotions. He'll make me hurt you! Please leave! Save Superboy bef-"

"Oh, darling daughter, broken out of your trance already. How sad. Now kill your friends and do it happily." Joker said with a grin.

"Run!" I said, with a smile on my face.

I began to go after them and they all looked so sad, especially Kaira and Wally, but I couldn't stop myself. They ended up getting away and the Joker forced me back to the school. I walked towards him and received a sharp slap.

"Where did my perfect daughter go?" he asked.

"She snapped out of her psychosis." I yelled.

"Then we'll just have to put her back in it."

The Joker dragged me inside the school and chained me up to the metal table. He turned on the electric current and I felt so much pain, but I refused to give in. Not again. Never again. He tortured me for so long, trying to break me again. They tried many other forms of torture. They even went so far as to inject acid into my bone marrow. That was by far the most painful experience. I think Joker was going even more crazy than I was. There would be a point where I would retreat back into my other persona as the five year old me who loved her Mommy and Daddy. However, I could always go back to normal. God know how long he tortured me. One day, I was just lying on the metal table, at the point of passing out from exhaustion. I heard loud crashing noises from outside of the room I was being held in. I saw somebody open the door to my room and I rolled my head over to see them, but I couldn't make them out clearly. I felt them untie the bonds around my legs and arms and pick me up over there shoulder. I groaned and tried to fight back, however I truly had no energy and passed out in the person's grasp.

The next time I woke up, I was in a familiar place. Though it took me a while to register where I was right away, I could help the smile that spread across my lips as it did. Wayne Manor. I was at home. I sat up in the bed and I remembered everything. Everything my father did to me. Everything my father made me do. All the things I did on my own. I buried my face in my knees and began hysterically crying, hating myself. I had killed that man. An innocent man who had his whole life ahead of him. I enjoyed it. I was a monster. I was my father. I had killed that man and in some sick sense I enjoyed it and it didn't matter that my father had controlled me and it only added to the fact that I had nearly killed my best friend. I didn't hear the door open and I didn't hear the rushed footsteps over to the bed. I did feel the strong arms wrapped around me. i buried my face into the chest of the person and I sobbed against them.

"It's okay, Amelia. It's okay." Bruce said, trying to comfort me.

"I killed him! I killed him!" I sobbed.

"The Joker was controlling you. It was not you fault."

"I enjoyed it though! I'm sick!"

"You developed another personality. It was beyond your control."

"I don't care. I watched that man die. I was as the mind of my younger self took over and became dependent on 'Mommy and Daddy' and tried to make them proud. Do you know how that feels, to become dependent on the very thing you hate most? Who the hell knows when that other part of me will decide to show up again?" I screamed.

"That part of you is never going to show up again. That microchip planted in your brain was alien technology. Not only did it control your movement, emotions and powers, it also controlled your sanity. It eventually corrupted your mind and gave you that other persona and made you revert to that mindset." Bruce explained.

"I still killed him, Bruce. How am I going to live with that?"

"Bad things happen to goo people, Amelia. You will be fine,but it it going to take a lot of time."

I only nodded my head.