Chapter 3: The Big News

"Do you think my Dad is looking for me?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"He broke out of Arkham a while ago." I said.

"Why didn't you tell me!" Wally yelled.

"Bruce has the situation under his control. Gotham is his city. I'm just wondering if he is looking for me now that he's out."

"It won't matter if he is looking. I will not let him find you." Wally whispered.

"I know you wouldn't." I said, hugging him.

"Is it weird that a part of me wishes that we lived a normal life?" Wally asked.

"But if we lived a normal life, we never would have met." I laughed.

"Oh God! I take back my wish!" Wally exclaimed.

"It's not wrong to wish for a normal life. Especially after losing your uncle." I said.

"You know I almost debated giving up being a hero after what happened to Uncle Barry. Our whole family was devastated after that." Wally sighed.

"I know. I remember." I smiled softly at him.

"But I felt like if I didn't take up the identity of the Flash, it would be like disrespecting all that Barry stood for and did as the Flash."

"Everyone would have understood, Wally." I said.

"I know." he smiled. "But I wouldn't have."

"You know, Bruce gave me a lecture today before I left about how you were immature and arrogant. He doesn't fully understand why I love you, but it's for moments like this, when you get all sentimental." I smiled.

"Daddy-Bats still hasn't warmed up to me?" Wally asked.

"Not even in the slightest." I grinned at him.

"Does he know about Kaira and Kaldur getting engaged?"

"If he does, he hasn't made any indication that he does." I shrugged.

"Where do you think they'll get married?" Wally asked.

"How the hell should I know?"

"Well they can't have it in Atlantis because half of the guests will drown." Wally said.

I giggled. "But I don't think a whole group of Atlanteans will want to come onto Earth."

"They have their work cut out for them with that wedding."

I looked up at Wally and moved to go and kiss him when my indicator went off. I groaned and went to go and grab it. Wally slumped back and pinched the bridge of his nose between his fingers, obviously frustrated. I read the message and saw that it was from Kaira. "Reminder. Keep it PG-13!" it said. I began laughing hysterically.

"What's so funny?" Wally asked.

I tossed my indicator over to him and I watched as his eyes scanned over the message.

"God she is such a weirdo!" Wally exclaimed.

"Of course she is! It's Kaira!" I laughed.

"Your whole family is weird." he mumbled.

"My first adoptive family is normal. My real family and my second adoptive family, not so much."

"At least living with Daddy-Bats gives you crap loads of money. And hey, having 3 families gives you a lot of character." Wally smirked.

"Yes that's exactly what I need. Character development." I laughed.

"Hey! What if you want to do an autobiography or something! Then it will be a good thing!"