Chapter 6: Found You

"If you do not come with us willingly, then we will force you." Batman said.

"You could stop me. Or you could stop this bomb." Artemis said, smirking.

"Split up. Justice League, dissemble the bomb. Everyone else, Artemis." Nightwing said.

"Oh, you don't have enough time for that. In fact all you have is enough time to get out of here. Bye."

"Everyone to the bioship now. Consumer and Miss Martian, try to tell the Kroloteans to escape." Nightwing ordered.

The Justice League and the team all began evacuating the base and Miss Martian and I stayed behind, trying to somehow communicate to the Kroloteans that they needed to evacuate as well, but no matter what we told them, they didn't believe a word we said. Reluctantly, Miss Martian and I fled the base, just in time for the bomb to explode. The bioship was thrown off balance by the force and M'gann had to struggle in order to keep the ship on course and steady. After that the trip was pretty much silent. I think the team was especially thrown off by the fact that Artemis was there. To see her after 5 years and that far gone into the criminal underworld was something that none of us could fathom. It was like watching one of your best friends in elementary school become a narcissistic jerk in high school. It was just shocking I guess and I know that it is going to plant doubts in the team's mind. Perhaps even the Justice League's. Now the team is going to be questioning each other, just like we did when she first left us. We can't afford that right now, but I fear that something like this will disrupt the order that the team has right now, but  and that truly cannot happen. Not with the Invasion and the numbers of the Justice League going to intergalactic court. Nothing can split us up now. We need to stay together. To save the world.

When the bioship finally landed back in Happy Harbor, the hour we had all been feeling and dreading had arrived. It was time for those 6 members of the Justice League to go to intergalactic court. M'gann went over to her uncle, telling him goodbye and trying to fight back tears. I saw Conner and Superman talking, and though neither showed it, they were both extremely worried. Hawkman had decided to go with Hawkwoman to court as well, to support his wife. Kaira, Jason, Dick, and I walked over to Bruce.

"I can assure all of you that I will be fine." Bruce said.

"You can't assure us of anything. Even you do not know how this is going to end." Kaira said.

"We are going to worry about this, Bruce." Dick said.

"I'm going to be fine." Bruce said once more.

"Stop trying to comfort yourself and us." Jason said.

"Jason, hush." I said.

"No! Look Bruce, this is a situation that you can't control and you're going to have to accept that. Even if something bad does happen, we'll all be here waiting to help." Jason said.

"Of course we will. We're your family, Bruce." I said.

"I — thank you." Bruce said.

"It's what we're here for." I smiled.

"Good luck, Bruce." Kaira smiled.

"Thank you. Good luck to you all here."

"Thank you." we all said.

"We all looked at each other awkwardly and Kaira was the one who made the first step and gave Bruce a hug. Then we all moved in. It was only in times when one of us or all of us were in distress that moments like this happened. All of us, Dick, Jason, Kaira and I were extremely worried about Bruce and feared that something horrible was going to happen. I'm sure that the entire team was worried about those 6 members of the League. None of us knew what could happen. When Bruce released us from the hug, he, along with the other 6 members of the League, departed into space. Once more, there was a silence, except this time it was saddening. The members of the League being gone, was seriously giving us worries. If we messed up, humanity would fall. Who knows what could happen to us. We began unloading the stolen technology off of the bioship and began placing it inside Mount Justice. Then once we were done Nightwing and Robin began uploading all of the information they had stolen from the Krolotean technology onto the computers at Mount Justice. The rest of us just paced around, anxious and nervous, and in all truth, not knowing what to do. The one question that kept running through our heads was, what if we fail?