3 • Broken

Lydia's pov:

The past few days have consisted staying in bed all day, sobbing and avoiding any social interaction at all. Stiles has texted me a few times to check on me to which I reply "I'm fine". Everyone knows that's a lie. "I'm fine" means "I'm broken. I'm done. I give up. But, I'm going to pretend that everything is wonderful because I don't need people worrying about me."

As I sat on my bed, staring out the window at the big oak tree outside, my mom knocked on the door before popping her head in.

"Lydia, sweetie, I'm going to the store. Do you need anything?"

"Another box of tissues would be nice." I said, half jokingly.

"Alright. I'll be back in about 45 minutes. Love you." She responded, disappearing into the hallway.

Once her new Range Rover pulled out of the driveway, I decided to walk around the house for a while. I stood up and made my way over to my dresser, digging through piles of clothing to find another t-shirt to put on. I found myself at the very back of a drawer, where I found one of Aiden's hoodies. I took a deep breath before pulling the sweatshirt up to my nose. I took in the scent of his cologne which was still lingering on the dark grey fabric.

"I miss you..." I whispered into the hoodie before pulling it on over my Beacon Hills High School T-shirt. It felt nice to wear the hoodie, it reminded me of him. I picked my phone up off my nightstand and scrolled through my favourite music playlist until I found the song "Youth" by Troye Sivan. A few weeks ago, all of my close friends and I were hanging out at my lake house on a Saturday night. This song was blaring as we all jumped around, laughing hysterically. Today, the words play softly as I sit cross legged on my squeaky hardwood floor. I don't even realize that I'm crying until I can barely breathe. Thinking of the happier days makes everything feel so empty. I just want to be with Allison and Aiden.

~
Stiles' pov:

I stand in the front hallway of Lydia's house with her homework for the week piled in my backpack, weighing it down. Her house was beginning to look a bit messy, which was very rare. Ms. Martin always made a fuss about keeping it as clean as possible.

"She's in her room. It'll be good for her to talk to someone if you want to stick around for dinner. If you want, of course." Natalie offered with a smile.

"I'd love to stay." I reply, before making my way upstairs.

First door on the left. I tap the door, and Lydia groans "Mom, I'm fine."

I knock lightly again and I can feel Lydia roll her eyes. She swings the door open and looks surprised to see me.

"S-sorry. Your mom let me in." I say, examining the broken hearted strawberry blonde who I was used to seeing so happy.

Her hair was up in a messy ponytail. She wore a hoodie which I could only assume was Aiden's with a pair of black pyjama shorts. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying and she had no makeup on. Some people may have considered her a mess in that moment, but I think she looked as beautiful as ever. Her bright green eyes stared back at me before she exclaimed "Oh my gosh! Stiles! I'm sorry I'm such a mess. Uh- come in."

I stepped into her room which was covered in tissues and it appeared that she had been looking at old photos as they were spread across the floor.

"Sorry about this." She said as she tossed the pictures back in a purple paisley print box and threw the tissues in a small trash can in the corner.

I grabbed her wrist softly and said "Lyds, you don't need to clean for me."

She nodded and made her way over to her unmade bed. I had never seen Lydia Martin look so distraught.

"I feel ridiculous. I should change."

"Lydia, stop. This is fine. I just came to drop off homework." I explained.

I pulled her white desk chair out and plopped down before pulling stacks of homework out of my worn dark blue backpack.

"How's Scott?" She asked.

"He's not great but he's thinking about going to school on Monday." I mumbled, organizing the work.

I was surprised to look up and find tears streaming down Lydia's cheeks. I rushed over and kneeled on the ground beside her, placing her hands in mine.

"Hey, Lydia. Shhhh. Look at me." I whispered.

She shook her head and looked down at the floor. I gently cupped her cheeks and moved her head so her gorgeous eyes were looking into mine.

"I know this is hard but one day you're going to feel better, I promise. Remember when my mom passed away? I didn't show up at school for weeks. I just wasn't ready, but then I realized that life has to go on, and I know for a fact that Allison and Aiden would want you to move on. I also know that they're watching over you and that you still have so many people here to support you. Including me." I smile.

She begins to cry harder and I panic.

"Oh no. Did I make it worse? Don't cry, Lydia. Please."

"No... That was amazing. Thank you, Sti. I really needed that." She sniffled before wrapping her arms around me. We stayed like that for a few seconds until I pulled away and passed her some tissues. She gave me a delicate smile and we heard Ms. Martin call us down for dinner

~

After dinner, Lydia and I stood in the hallway while I got ready to leave.

"Stiles?" She asked as I opened the front door.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come back again when you're not busy? I'm getting kind of lonely." She said.

"Of course. See you later, Lydia."

"Bye, Stiles."

And with that, I left the Martin household.

~~~
Author's note:

Sorry it's been a bit boring and repetitive. It's gonna get better so just hang in there lol. Thank you guys for reading and as usual, comment any suggestions you have for me!