General Tips for the Convention

1. Before the day of the convention I would advise that you go and collect your passes/wristbands and photo op cards. This means you won't have to waste time on the first day of the convention.

So I arrived at Olympia, London on Friday the 18th to collect my VIP pass and my Dad's general access pass. The VIP pick-up line was virtually non existent so I walked straight up and got it along with my free poster. The general access queue was a bit longer but it only took about 10 to 15 minutes. The longest queue by far was the photo op one. I think I stood in the queue for about 45 minutes to an hour. I had 4 photo ops to redeem: Norman, Melissa, Chandler and Andrew. The queue for General Access on the morning of the first day to collect their passes was massive so it was worth going the day before.

2. Download the Walker Stalker Con app. You can easily plan where you are meant to be like photo ops or panels.

I really liked the app because you could set reminders for photo ops so if you were in an autograph queue and lost track of time it would alert you.

3. Wear comfortable shoes. You will be standing for more or less the whole day so it's best to be comfortable.

4. Be prepared to spend most of your time in lines.

5. If you feel tired then catch a panel. The panels are a good way to relax and take a seat.

6. Bring more money than you plan to spend! Maybe you'll see a t-shirt you want or one of the cast member's line is short so you get an extra autograph.

7. You can bring food and drinks into the venue. This means you won't have to leave a line to get a snack or a drink.

8. My portable phone charger was really useful. I mean what happens if you get to the front of Steven's table and your phone is dead so you can't get a selfie?

9. Make friends. Everyone is there for the same reason you are.

10. Please be aware of the new bag rules.

 Please be aware of the new bag rules