Chapter 32- The heart wants what it wants

Cora and Robert had spent the rest of the day in each others company. Things were slowly going back to the way things were before but like Cora said it will take time. Robert was just happy that he could spend some time with her.

Cora and Robert had talked alot. About their family, childhood and most inportantly their future. Robert was intrigued with everything Cora said about America. It sounded like a different world a very chaotic world from the way Cora described it.

They were on their way to the Grantham Arms when they spotted Rosamund and a man heading for the Train Station.

"Who's that man with Rosamund?" Cora asked.

"That Cora, is Mamaduke Painswick. The man she is secretly courting behind Mama and Papa's back"

"There heading for the Train Station, where are they going?" Cora asked looking puzzled.

"I'm not too sure, but I'm going to put a stop to it at once" Robert replied with slight authority.

Robert then walked towards the Train Station, Cora followed closely behind. When they reached the platform Robert saw Rosamumd standing next to Mamaduke with her luggage.

This is not good he thought to himself.

"Rosamund!" He shouted then walked up to her.

"Um Robert, what a surprise what are you doing here?"

"I'd like to ask you that very same question Rosamund"

"If you must know I am catching the Train to London with Mamaduke. Were going to go get married" Rosamund said then grabbed Mamaduke's hand.

"Your eloping?, your marrying eachother without Mama's or Papa's consent. You can't do that. Mama will have a fit" Robert said sounding exasperated.

Cora just stood their shocked. She knew about Rosamund's secret beau but she never thought that they were serious.

"I don't need Papa's or Mama's permission, they'd only say no anuway. I love Mamaduke and I am going to marry him, tonight" Rosamund replied firmly.

The Train then arrived and slowly pulled in the Train Station.

"That's our Train Rosamund, we need to leave" Mamaduke whispered.

"Alright dear, I'm ready"

Mamaduke picked up Rosamund's luggage and boarded the Train.

"Rosamund don't does this. It will break Mama" Robert pleaded with his sister to rethink her decision.

"Robert I love him. I'm sorry but I have to go"

Rosamund then boarded the Train.

Robert watched the Train pull away. He sighed. Cora put her hand on his back.

He looked up to her.

"What am I going to tell my Mama?"

Cora hugged Robert.