o n e

|| r o n ||

"Hey," I kissed the top of Hermione's forehead.

I watch as she smiles. "Yes?"

I kiss her again. "Pay attention to me."

Hermione giggles. "I'm reading, Ron."

I roll my eyes. "You've been reading for two hour."

More giggles. I sigh, wondering what was so funny about that statement.

Today was Harry's birthday today. The idiot was finally turning eighteen, took him long enough. Although, by the way he behaves one might think the bloke is barely fifteen. I laughed at the thought.

I'm hilarious.

Hermione looks up at me. "What're you chuckling about?"

I raise a brow. "Oh, now you pay attention to me."

Hermione just purses her lips.

"I was just thinking how funny it is that Harry is turning eighteen today."

"How is that funny?"

I let out a little laugh. "Because the guy acts no older than sixteen most of the time."

Hermione snorts. "It's fitting since you carry the mind of a fourteen-year-old."

"Yeah, I- Hey!"

This causes Hermione to giggle, then she closes her book before getting off the bed. "Now, go get Harry and tell him that his birthday celebration is almost ready."

I give her a mischievous glance. "I can think of something better to do. Something that involves you, me, and this, oh so, comfy bed." I add as I stand to my feet. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pull Hermione in for a tender kiss. Hermione greets my lips with a tender smile, but pulls away too soon for my liking.

"You're adorable. Go get your best friend."

I groan. "Mione..."

She goes to leave, but I grab her by the waist. "Ron."

"Yes, I'll go tell Harry that today is his birthday. However, there is something that we need to do first." With that, I scoop her into my arms and carry her to the bed.

Hermione laughs all the way.

|| h a r r y ||

I sat on my bed in the room I was currently sharing with Ron. I was thoroughly blessed Mrs. Weasley had offered be to live with them for a while after the way had ended. Although, it wasn't so much of an offer than a demand. When I politely refused, saying that I didn't want to intrude, the room smacked me on the back of my head and said that she wasn't giving me an option, I was going to stay with them because I was a part of their family and families don't leave anyone behind.

A little smile crept at the corners of my mouth. No one could argue with Mrs. Weasley when her mind was made up. Still, I was more grateful than words to express. It is comforting to know after all I have been through, after all I have put them through that they still considered me a part of their family.

I sigh, shifting my gaze toward the window as my mind replays everything that happened in recent events. Months had passed since the battle had finally ended. Once and for all it was all over. The connection between Voldemort and I was forever severed and the tiny lighting bolt that marked my head no longer caused me any pain. Now, all that it did was serve as a reminder of I had won, of what we all had won. The victory we gained. However, it was also a reminder of what we lost. So many people sacrificed their lives to defeat Voldemort. So many didn't deserve to die.