t h r e e

THE birds sang their songs proudly as the rays of sunlight slipped through the cracks of the curtains, illuminating the room. The two laid asleep with Hermione's head perched on Ron's chest. Soon, the songs of the birds grew louder, and Hermione began to stir. She stretches, yawning, as her eyes slowly flutter open. Blinking a few times, Hermione yawns again as the sleepiness begins to drift away. Turning her head to the left, she smiles at the boy laying next to her. It had been over a week since Hermione and Harry swapped rooms and she has been enjoying it quite well. Cuddling together at night and waking up next to him in the morning was enough to make her toes curl.

Today was the last day to finish up any last-minute school shopping before they were to head off for Hogwarts for their last year. There were a few books she needed to get before they left, and Saturday was the perfect day to do it. Hermione had somehow convinced Ron to come along with her and carry her books. Although it didn't take much convincing on her part, it was clear Ron would do anything for her.

She smiled at the thought. Books always made Hermione happy.

Stretching, Hermione moved herself into a sitting position. She glanced at the snoring ginger sleeping next to her and her eyes lit up as she watched the rhythm of his chest rise and fall with each breath he took. Ron looked so peaceful, so at ease. Hermione could watch him forever, and as much as she wanted to do just that...she needed him to wake up. They need to get a move on if they wanted to get to Diagon Alley before lunch.

I suppose I could take a shower before I woke him. Hermione thought to herself. A few minutes of rest wouldn't hurt him. Gently removing his arm from her waist, she pulled the covers from her and placed her feet on the ground. However, when she goes to stand up, an arm shoots out suddenly attaching itself around her waist and pulling her back down against the sleeping boy.

Hermione giggles against his chest. "Good morning, would you mind letting me go?"

"Mmm," Ron mumbles, his eyes still closed, pulling her closer to him. Hermione tries to wiggle free, but this only causes Ron to tighten his grip.

"Ron," Hermione sighs, "Come on, let go."

"No, five more minutes," He protests, and had yet to open his eyes. Hermione tries to break free one last time before she gives up entirely. Instead she tries a different approach. In one fellow movement, she leans down and plants a kiss on his lips. The grip on Ron's hold loosens as he kisses her back. Hermione seizes the opportunity to flip over on top of him, with her legs straddling his hips and pins him arms down above his head with her hands.

Ron frowns at this. "Using sex to manipulate me? Not cool."

Hermione rolls her eyes. "That was far from sex and it was not manipulation."

"You do realize I could easily kick you off," He raises a red brow.

"Yes, but you wouldn't do that to your loving girlfriend."

Ron snorts. "That's what you think," Without warning Ron suddenly sits up and flips Hermione over to where he is now on top, and proceeds to pin her arms to the bed like she had just done to him. "You were saying?"

Hermione only sticks out her tongue in response. Ron leans down and captures her exposed tongue between his lips. At this Hermione lets out a surprised squeal. He uses this opportunity to deepen the kiss with his own tongue. With her arms pinned over her head and the weight of Ron straddling her waist, Hermione has no choice but to comply. To be frank, she didn't mind one bit. Their kisses became heated almost immediately. Wedging himself between her legs, Ron slowly released the grip he had on her wrists as Hermione's legs enclose around him.