f i v e

As the feast came to a close, the students all rushed back to their specific dormitories. Ron slowly woke Hermione before leading them out of the Great Hall. Her grumbled and yawned as Ron pulled her into the corridors. Harry and Ginny, along with Neville, followed suit as they made their way to the common room.

"Wait!" Someone cried from behind them. They all turned to see Lilia running after them. "I don't know where to go."

Ron nods, "Oh, then follow us."

Hermione sighs silently to herself as Lilia slides up next to Ron, walking close beside him on the opposite side of her.

It only takes them a few minutes to reach the porthole. The entire time Lilia was asking Ron questions, although Ron secretly wished she would bug Harry or Ginny instead. When they finally reached the common Hermione quickly announced that she was going to retire for the night.

Ron frowns. "Hermione-"

"I'm fine, Ron. Just tired," She sort of snaps. She must have been tired for her to snap at him like that. Instead of letting it get to him, Ron walks over and scoops Hermione up into his arms. Hermione raises her brows in question.

Ron offers her a soft smile. "You said you're tired so I'm carrying you to your bed."

At the this, Harry and Ginny part ways, both heading in the direction of the appropriate dormitories. Neville waves them goodbye before heading upstairs as well. Lilia, however, stays put and stares a bit intensely at them.

"Guys aren't allowed in the girls dormitory, Ronald," Hermione sighs.

Ron smirks. "We both know that only applies to first through fifth years."

Hermione sighs, knowing he was right. Instead, she wraps her arms around his neck and allows him to carry her up the stairs, down the hall and into her room. Ron walks into room to see Ginny rummaging around in her dresser for something. He walks over to Hermione's bed and gently places her on it before turning toward his sister.

"I would leave if I were you," I told Ginny, climbing his way onto Hermione's bed.

She grimaces, shutting the drawer toher dress. "You're disgusting!"

Ron chuckles. "Most of the time, yes, but I wasn't even thinking about that. I just want to spend some time with Hermione and cuddle in peace."

Ginny rolls her eyes as she settles into her bed. Ron watches as she leans over and grabs a book from the dresser before leaning against one of her pillows.

"And you can't do that with me in the room? Is my presence so overwhelming that it disrupts your peace?" Ginny gripes, as she turns around to adjust her pillow.

Ron quirks a brow at her. "You know, you really should be a lot nicer to the person who's about to give you permission to spend an entire night with her boyfriend.

Ginny drops her book, whipping around to face her brother. "You're joking?!"

Ron crinkles his nose. "Unfortunately, I am not. Just go before I change my mind."

Ginny beams before hopping out of bed and sprinting toward the door, nearly knocking Ron over in the process. He sighs, already full of regret.

"You really shouldn't be in here," Hermione protests, cautiously looking at the door. The other girls haven't gotten in here yet, and if Ron was quick they could have a few minutes alone together.