Chapter 2

"Im afraid we have found no one to take care of you.  Are you sure you have no relatives who you could stay with for a while until we get a hold of your father." says the police women.

I knew I wouldn't be able to stay with dad anymore, even if he was found.  They think he's not capable. It would have been so much better if I was sixteen now. I still have ten months to go. I only just turned fifteen.

"No." I say, facing the floor.
"Ok." She replied with a sigh.
She left the room without another word.

At this moment, I don't know how I'm feeling. I'm confused. I'm stressed. I'm worried.  There's basically no word to describe how I'm feeling.  I just want to lock myself in a room, sit there, and cry.
There's nothing else I want to do right now.

***

So, it's my first day here in Morchured care home. I packed all my things and moved in within two

days. I don't know anyone here. It's really quite. It's a decent size and I have my own room so I get

some space. I'm glad I don't have to share my room with anyone because I tend to cry a lot. I hear

whispers as I walk past, making my way to the reception to fill in the rest of my forms.

I make my way back from the reception office, up the stairs, enter my bedroom and come to see a girl,

who looks about ten sitting on my bed. We make eye contact for about a second, then she slowly

forms a smile on her face.

"Hi." I say.

"Hi. I'm Amy Bru." She says with an adorable quiet voice.

"My name's Hailey Stuart."

"I heard you moved in so I thought you could do with a friend." She says.

"Aw thank you."

I slowly shut the Door, walk towards the bed, and sit beside her.

"How old are you?" I ask her.

"I'm eleven." she replies.

"So what's it like in this place?" I ask. "It's not bad it's just, no one talks to each other since the

incident happened."

"What incident?" I ask suspiciously.

"There was this one girl named Emily Harburt from this care home and one morning we woke up and saw her laying right at the bottom of the stairs with blood all over her face.

Someone had pushed her down the stairs in the middle of the night but until this day, we don't know who it was."

My eyes widened half way through what she was telling me. I sat there letting a few moments pass. I was so shocked. 

"Did she die?" I ask.

I clench my stomach so hard, waiting for the word "no" to slide out of her mouth.

"No, she's fine." she says.

I feel relief and slowly release my clenched stomach. I always do that when someone is about to tell me something. its a bit of a habit.

I think its because of how i found out mum died.

For some reason, i'm so scared to hear about anyone else's death.

I slowly prop myself up as i ask, "When did this happen?"

"About a month ago." She says.

"How old was she?"

"Fourteen." She says.

I felt a shiver run through my whole body from head to toe.

I slowly turn my chin over my left shoulder, then slowly turn my face back towards Amy.

There is a murderer under the same roof as all these innocent people.

The thought made me feel even more uncomfortable.

Who could it be?

Authors note:
Hope your enjoying the book so far guys. Thanks for reading. 😊