Chapter 3

7 weeks later

Morchured wasn't that bad.
Although the staff were horrible.
They always fed us later than they were supposed to.
I made a few friends. Amy, Tanya and Iffy.  Tanya was 15 and Iffy was just a few Months younger than her.  Tanya and Iffy were room mates.
Amy and I were secret room mates as I used to sneak her into my bedroom at night.
We would talk until the sky was light then we'd eventually fall asleep. Well, Amy always fell asleep before me.

It was 4:28am, and I wasn't tired.
I let Amy sleep on my bed as I didn't feel comfortable letting her sleep on the floor. So I did instead.
I stared at the cream coloured ceiling which looked grey because of the dim light coming from the curtains. I was confused. First mum had gone and now it was dad. I kept questioning myself, what have I done wrong to deserve this. I didn't appreciate having parents and a happy life.
And now they've been taken away from me. Tears were gushing out of my eyes before I knew it. I flipped my body over and buried my head in my pillow. A slight weeping sound slipped from my mouth. I worried I had woken Amy up from her sleep. But thankfully I hadn't. Eventually I fell asleep in my puddle of tears.

***

"Hailey, up you get. Everyone is at the breakfast table." Yelled Sandra.
She went away leaving my door open very wide. I wondered why she called my name and not Amy's. I looked over at my bed, but Amy wasn't there. I got up and went to the bathroom. By the time I got to the breakfast table. The food had already finished and everyone left.
Now I had to wait until lunch.
I couldn't make myself something to eat because of the padlocks on the fridge and cupboards.
I went and sat on the sofa where Tanya and Iffy were.
"Where's Amy?" I asked.
"I think she's up in her and Grace's room."
Replied Tanya.
Grace was Amy's room mate who was very quiet and didn't talk much.
"Thanks." I said and went upstairs.
I knocked on the door twice and entered. "Hey Amy what are y..."
I caught a glimpse of something she was holding which looked quite shiny. She quickly put away whatever she was holding in her hand, back in her draw, slammed it and turned around to face me. "Um hey." She says, swallowing between the two words. "What was that you were holding?" I asked with a concerned face. "Nothing. It was nothing." She replied. I took a step back and walked downstairs, still concerned.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know if the chapters are too short or too long. Thanks for reading. 🤗