Seven

~Kayla~

As Lucas, Reggie, and I made our way back to Lucas' house with his car, the past hour sunk in. I saw my mom. She looked like she regretted kicking me out. She saw Lucas and Reggie. She probably knows where I am staying now. My plan for revenge was a fail. Great.

➴The next Morning➴

I woke up to the smell of burning. I shot off the couch and followed the smell to the kitchen. Sure enough, Reggie and Lucas were cooking. There was a lot of commotion occurring as soon as I walked into the room. Reggie was jumping up and down screaming like a five year old girl and Lucas was saying several curse words under his breath as he tried to fan the smoke toward the now open window before the fire alarm went off. What used to be bread was on fire and smoking non stop.

"How did you burn toast?" I sarcastically asked from the doorway. Reggie, who hadn't seen me in the doorway until that moment quickly stopped jumping up and down while screaming. He tried to act cool by leaning against the counter, but ended up missing and slightly falling, his face turning a deep shade of crimson. Lucas, who knew I was there, just shrugged and continued to fan smoke out the window.

"Why don't we go out for breakfast?" Lucas suddenly asked.

Lucas and I shared a look and that was all it took before he threw me on his shoulder and carried me out to his car, Reggie following behind laughing at my agitated expression.

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

After going to our old favorite diner, Reggie thought it would be fun to go to all of our old spots. And that is what we did for the rest of the day. We drove around and spent time at all of our old hangout spots: the ice cream parlor on the corner of Reggie's street, the skate ramp and the swings in the park, the big oak tree in Reggie's yard, and so on. It was a day that I could never forget.