It Will Rain

A/N: I redid this whole story, So I recomend you reread the chapters or you will be confused.

Jane's Point Of View:

Dennis grabbed Maura and held the knife to her neck.
"Please, let me go!" Maura begged
"I love when they beg." He said deviously, the knife still sturdy against her flesh.
"Why hurt Maura?" I asked
"Because her healing brought me back to this earth!" It all happened so fast. Before I knew it, Dennis fell down the elevator shaft and I watched as he took Maura with him.
"Maura!" I yelled as I saw her fall down the elevator. I ran down stairs and to the elevator and held my best friend in my arms.
"I need an ambulance here, NOW!" Frost screamed into his walkie talkie.
"Maura it's gonna be okay." I said and she looked up at me, her eyes struggle to stay open.
"Maura, I need to you keep looking at me, okay? Don't close your eyes."
"Jane, I-I love you." She said her eyes starting to close.
"No, Maura, stay with me!" I screamed and her eyes closed.

It felt like hours before the ambulance arrived when in all reality it was about three minutes. I stood back, and watched as the put the neck brace on her, then slid her on the back board.
"On my count of three. One, two, three." The EMT, then the two lifted her to the stretcher. The put the buckled over her lifeless body to ensure she doesn't move.
"Come on, we gotta get her out of here!" He yelled and the rushed her in the ambulance.
"Take care of her." I said to the EMT getting in the back with her.
"We will do our best." He replied booking her to IV's.

When we got to the hospital, Maura was rushed into surgery, and I called her parents. Maura was in surgery for about five hours. I refused to leave the hospital until I knew she was okay. Frost and Korsak stayed with me the whole time. They brought me coffee after coffee knowing it was the best thing that could do for me. Then a doctor approached us. The three of us stood bracing ourselves for the news we were about to receive.
"Ms. Rizzoli?" The doctor asked
"Yes."
"She is stable, but still critical."
"Thank god."
"She had a lot of internal damage."
"She will be okay, right?"
"It's still too soon to tell."
"Can I see her?"
"No, only direct family over eighteen." He said apologetically.
"Listen my best friend, my partner is unconscious. She fell down an elevator shaft under my attention, and now I can't see her. Let me see here, I'm going to show you what she sees right now, but yours will be permanent." I threatened, and he showed me to Maura's room. She was hooked up to a whole bunch of monitors and machines. I pulled up a chair next to the bed, and took her hand in mine.

I clasped my hands together, and put them under my chin.
"Please don't have Maura die. I will do anything. please please." I prayed. I laid my head down on the bed, and cried myself to sleep. I woke up to a tapping on my shoulder. I looked up, to see Frost, Korsak, Frankie, Ma, and Tommy surrounding Maura's bed. I looked out the window, and saw the rain pouring from the gray cloudy sky.

After about an hour, Maura's parents walked in.
"Hello Mr. and Mrs. Isles."
"Hello." they both said
"She is um, critical." Constance just gave me a death glare.
"You can leave now. We can take it from here." Mr. Isles said
"No. I want to stay with her."
"Please, darling. It is for the best." Constance said.
"No."
"It is your fault she is in here." he snapped
"My fault?" I asked mortified
"Yes. If you would have done your job, she would not have fell."
"You don't quite understand what happened. Until you have to walk a mile in my shoes, don't you dare tell me how to do my job!" I screamed

I don't care if Maura's parents blame me for what happened. I know the truth and that's all that matter. I stormed out of the hospital room, and went to Ma's.
"How's Maura?" Ma asked
"She had a lot of internal bleeding. She is stable though."
"That's good. How are you holding up?"
"Okay, I guess."
"If you need to talk... I'm here."
"Thanks Ma."
"You know, I've been learning to control my feelings about your job knowing you could die any day, I never thought I had to learn to control mine with hers too." Ma said tearing up.
"Ma, she is going to be fine. The doctors are doing everything they can." I said pulling her into a hug.

Later that night I went back to the hospital. I was the only one visiting Maura. I pulled a chair next to her bed, and put her hand in mine.
"Maura I love you so much. I will always love you. But I want you to know, if you want to go it's okay." I said tearing up. All the sudden I felt Maura's hand slightly squeeze mine. I saw her eyes slowly opening.
"Hey." I said in a soft tone.
"Do I know you?" She asked still groggy. I felt my heart skip a beat.
"It's me, Jane." I said
"I don't know anyone named Jane." she said.I let go of Maura's hand and got a nurse.
"She is up." I said showing her to Maura's room.
"But she doesn't remember me." I said
"Okay we will let you know if anything changes, but visiting hours are over." she said. I walked to my car, hit my head in the steering wheel, and cried.