Girl's Night

Maura's Point Of View:

I wake up in a cold, empty bed. I stretch my arms and legs, and let out a yawn. I climb out of the fluffy bed spread, and pulled my silk robe on, not bothering to tie it. I ran my hands through my honey blonde hair as I entered my empty kitchen. I grabbed a coffee cup, and started the expresso machine. After I read a medical journal I found lying around and finished my coffee, I jumped in a hot shower. As the hot water hit my skin I felt relaxed. The water dropped down my bare body and I ran the shampoo through my hair.

After I took my shower, I picked out my outfit, put on my makeup, and did my hair. I gathered my phone, keys, and purse, and headed towards the grocery store. When I reached the store, I headed straight to the fresh produce. I grabbed bananas, apples, and grapes. I then headed to the freezer aisles and grabbed fresh Greek yogurt. Finally, I went down the coffee aisles. As I searched for my coffee, I noticed a woman, in her early 50's, she looked really familiar but I can't place her.
"Maura." The same lady said.
"Hi." I said
"I heared what happened, are you doing okay?" She asked. I just stared at her not knowing what to say.
"Um...I'm sorry I don't remember you."I said embarrassed.
"Oh, it's okay. I'm Doctor Hope Martin, I'm your biological mother." She said holding out her hand.
"Hi." I said shaking it.
"Do you want to grab some coffee, catch up?"'she offered
"I would like that." I replied. We paid for our groceries, before going to the small coffee shop down the street.

After ordering our coffee we took a seat at the small round table.
"So Hope, you are my biological mother?" I clarified
"Yes. Um, we only met a year ago but we have grown pretty close since."
"Yes, Jane told me about you. How my father is Patty Doyal and he told you I died at birth."
"Yes. I have an 18 year old daughter, your sister." She said
"Cailin. Jane told me about her too." I smiled.
"I'm glad you are okay."
"Thank you. I'm sorry I don't remember you. I don't remember anything. I didn't even remember my name." I said
"It's okay Maura. Your situation isn't that uncommon. I just hope you regain everything back."
"I'm remembering little things. Like, I had a dream about what happened to me. Everyone is really helping, a lot."
"Well Maura, I'm always here to. If you need anything to hesitate to ask." She said
"Thank you. I really should get back." I said
"Me too. I hope we can do this again soon." She really replied
"I would like that." I said throwing my empty styrofoam cup away and hoping in my car. When I got home, I put the groceries away. I then headed towards the living room and plopped on the couch. I turned on the tv and watched a documentary.

Jane's Point Of View:

We are currently working on a case and the new medical examiner is so slow. It takes her forever to do the autopsy let alone run tests. I really hope Maura can get through this and get back to work. I'm kinda worried, it's been a few months now and she is still having a really tuff time. But I'm not gonna leave her. I don't know if I should ever tell her what we were. I think it might be too much. I brushed my thoughts away with Frost walking in with three cups of coffee. He put the first one on Korsak's desk, then mine.
"Thank you." I said giving him a smile.
"So I looked at the phone records from our victim and he called this number twenty times in the last month and three time the day he was murdered.
"Okay, run that." I said taking a sip of my coffee.
"I'm already on it. Hey, how's doc?" He asked
"She's getting better. She remembering some things."
"It's gonna be okay Jane. She's strong." He reassured me and I gave him a smile.

It was seven o'clock and I was still stuck at work. I was about to go down the autopsy room when my phone rang.
"What's up Maur?" I asked
"Do you want to come over later? Have a girl's night?" She asked
"Yeah! I just gotta finish paper work. I'll be there in about thirty minutes." I replied
"Okay." She simply replied.

Maura's Point Of View:

It was 6:50 and Jane should be here any minute. I quickly ran up stairs and put on pink sweat pants, and a white t-shirt. I then heard the front door open.
"Maura!" Jane called out.
"Up here!" I yelled back. I heard Jane's clomping getting louder and closer.
"Hey, Maur." She said as she walked in.
"Hey. I picked out a movie for us." I replied
"What movie?"
"It's a surprise."
"As long as it doesn't have subtitle I'm good." She joked as we walked down the stairs to the couch. She went to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of beer. We sat on the couch and I grabbed the white fuzzy blanket off the back of the couch. I put it over our legs and turned the tv on. The main menu came on and suspenseful music rang through the speakers.
"The Conjuring? You hate horror movies. You won't survive this. I barely survived this." Jane said
"I'm trying to find my boundaries." I said and pressed play.

Within an hour into the movie, I was clung to Jane's side. I had my arms clung around her waist, and my head buried in her side. Jane sensed my fear and she had her arm wrapped around me and her right hand on my thigh.
"I told you, you hated horror movies." Jane teased
"Jane, can we turn it off?" I begged
"Sure." She gave in. I looked up for a split second and the scariest scene came on.  The demonic spirit thing jumped off the wardrobe onto the the little girl.
"AHHHH!!!" I screamed bloody marry and jumped in Jane's arms.
"God Maura, you broke my ear drums." Jane said rubbing her ears.
"I'm sorry." I said and turned the tv off.
"Let's go to bed." Jane said and we walked up stairs.

When we got in the bedroom, Jane grabbed the clothes she had here and went to the bathroom. I hate to say it but I'm actually really scared. Part of the reason I chose a horror movie was so I had a reason to snuggle with Jane. God, I think I'm in love with my best friend. I jumped in bed and pulled the covers over my head.
"Maura?" Jane questioned as she walked out of the bathroom.
"I'm scared." I confessed. She crawled under the cover and pulled to her chest.
"It's okay, Maur. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." She said stroking my hair. I pressed my body against hers and she jumped slightly.
"Jesus, your feet are cold." She said intertwining our legs together.
"I'm so cold. You're so warm." I said cuddling closer. She wrapped her arms around me and we slowly drifted to sleep. I feel so secure in Jane's arms. It feels so warm. Its weird, it feels so familiar.