Time Will Tell

Maura's Point Of View:

I heard a raspy voice talking. I'm still groggy. I don't know where I am or what's happened. There is a lady here. She has crazy, long black hair, she is tall, and has beautiful olive toned skin. She is holding my hand but I don't recognize her. Dark brown eyes met with mine.
"Hey." She said in a soft voice. I can tell she's been crying.
"Do I know you?" I asked still confused on who this lady is.
"It's me Jane." She said letting go of me hand.
"I don't know anyone named Jane." I replied. She got up and ran out of the room.
"Nurse, she is up. But she doesn't remember me." This lady supposedly named Jane said.
"We'll let you know if anything changes, visiting hours are over." The nurse replied and then she left.

Then a doctor walked in.
"Hello. I am Dr. Shepherd. Can you tell me your name?" The handsome doctor man asked.
"I can't remember." I said
"Can you tell me what state you are in?"
"Boston, Massachusetts."
"Can you tell me the year?"
"2016."
"And do you know what had happened to you?"
"No."
"Okay well your name Is Doctor Maura Isles, and you have been in an accident. You've had a lot of Internal bleeding."
"I'm a doctor?" I whispered to myself.
"I would like to get a head CT to make sure everything checks out." She said and I just nodded.

Jane's Point Of View:

When I got to my apartment, I went straight to the fridge. I grabbed a beer and plopped on the couch. I can't believe she doesn't remember me. Then there was a knock on the door. I looked through the peephole and saw no one else but Frankie. I opened the door and rushed in.
"How's Maura?" He asked as I sat back down on the couch. He went straight to the fridge and grabbed a beer.
"Please, get yourself a beer." I said sarcastically.
"Thanks, I did."
"Maura doesn't remember me." I said
"What?" he asked freezing in place.
"She woke up and-and she doesn't remember me." I said feeling the tears forming in my eyes.
"Jane, they gave her a lot of drugs. Not to mention the drugs are strong. She probably just needs time for the drugs to wear off. She's probably still groggy. Give it some time." He said trying to reassure me.
"What if she never remembers me? What if everything we had is just gone?"
"Jane, She gonna get through this." He said sitting next to me.
"And what if she doesn't!" I yelled. He was taken back by my sudden outburst.
"Sorry, sorry." I said knowing my outburst was inappropriate.
"It's okay. You're stressed. Go to sleep. We will go see Maura tomorrow."
"Yeah you're right." I said getting up.
"I'm gonna crash here and keep an eye on you." He said lying on the couch.
"Okay." I said not in the mood to argue.

Maura's Point Of View:

Hospitals are so not restful. I was woken up every two hours by nurses and doctors. Some checking my vitals and some giving me medicine. I gave up on sleep, so I stayed up reading magazines. As I flipped through the drama magazine, I was interrupted by knock on the door. I looked up and saw the same lady that I saw yesterday, Jane I think it is.
"Hey, Maura." She said softly
"Hi...Jane?" I said hoping to get the name right.
"How did you sleep?" She asked
"Ugh I hate hospitals. So unrestful. I got woken up almost every two hours." I said tossing the magazine on the table.
"Yeah I understand." She said looking down.
"Um Jane, I still don't remember you. I'm really sorry. If it's any consolation I don't remember anything." I said
"I know. It's not your fault. I'm gonna help you remember." She said grabbing my hand. God she is gorgeous, her hands so soft, her voice raspy. I stared into her beautiful brown eyes until there was another knock and the doctor walked in.

"Well Ms. Isles, how are you feeling today?" Dr. Shepherd asked.
"Still tired but other than that fine." I said. He came around the bed opposite of Jane and shined his little light over my eyes.
"Well we have some good news." He said
"Finally." I joked
"Your scans came back clear so there is no signs of brain damage." He said smiling.
"Then why can't I remember anything?" I asked squeezing Jane's hand a little.
"I've heard of some cases likes yours, where after a person who went through a trauma like you did, the brain tries to forget the bad memory. So your brain is blocking anything that will remind you of the bad memory. You remember what year it is because it doesn't have to do with the memory. But you don't remember your name because it's linked to the bad memory." He explained.
"Is it fixable?" Jane asked
"It's just gonna take a lot of patients, a lot of remembering, and a lot of support." He replied
"Which she has." Jane said looking into my eyes.
"I would like to keep you overnight for observation." He said before walking out the room.

Jane's Point Of View:

"Oh I'm sorry." Maura said letting go of my hand.
"It's alright." I said giving her a smile.
"So Jane, who are you? Like are you my cousin, sister?" She asked.
"I am your best friend." I said smiling at her.
"Best friend?" She repeated taking it all in.
"Yes we've known each other for eight years."
"That's a long time."
"Yes. We work together. We are partners at Boston Police Department. I'm a homicide detective and you're the Chief Medical Examiner of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts." I said proudly.
"Chief Medical Examiner?"
"You are the best of the best. We solve homicides together. You are the dumbest genies I know." I said laughing
"And how is that?"
"Well you see. You are very smart. You are very scientific. But when it comes to like relationship drama and slang talk, you are clueless." I said and we both laughed.
"Tell me more!" She said excitedly.
"Well you are very rich. You live in Beacon Hill. My mom lives in your guesthouse. You are literally the kindest person I know. You care about everyone. You took my mom in after she lost everything through her divorce." I was saying until my phone started ringing.
"Sorry I have to take this." I said and she gave me a nod."Rizzoli." I said in a firm voice "I'll be right there. I have to go, murder calls." I said getting up.
"Okay. Thank you Jane." She replied
"I'll be back later." I said kissing her forehead.

Maura's Point Of View:

I was sad that Jane had to leave. She is so sweet, kind, and caring. How did I get so lucky to have a friend like her? Not to mention she is just beautiful and hot. I feel so lonely now. I grabbed the same magazine I had earlier and reread it. I practically memorized this useless paper book. I now know who these, Kanye West , Ariana Grande, Donald Trump, and Kim Kardashian people are and about their dramatic life. I sighed at the boringness of the magazine and decided to try and get some rest. But we all know rest won't be an option.