Nightmares

Maura's Point aid View:

"Dennis let her go!" Jane yelled at the man that held me hostage. I felt the knife digging deeper into my neck.
"Please let me go." I begged
"I love when they beg." He said
"Why hurt Maura?"
"Because her healing brought me back to this earth, that's why!" He screamed. The next things I knew I was falling. It felt like it was in slow motion, everything around me stopped. Before I knew it everything went black.

I sat up panting, and sweating.
"What the hell just happened?" I whisper to myself. In attempt to forget this nightmare, I walk into the kitchen. I get a glass of water and take out my journal. I start writing down my dream when I heard a creaking noise coming from the living room. I cautiously get up and walk closer to the lamp, my journal in the air ready to smack anyone with it. I turn on the lamp and see Jane shifting on the couch.
"Jane!" I yell in shock, my heart racing.
"What?! What is it?" She shot up in the concern.
"What are you doing here?"
"I was just stopping by." She said half asleep.
"You were watching me."
"Just checking in."
"You can't keep sneaking in."
"It's not sneaking, I have a key."
"This is not a solution."
"It's just until you're better." She said and I sat next to her.

"I know you're worried, but I'm fine." I reassured her.
"Then what are you doing up?" She questioned raising an eyebrow. I looked away, avoiding the question.
"You are having nightmares aren't you?" she questioned
"Yes." I said embarrassed
"It's okay, I still struggle with PTSD." She responded.
"You have PTSD?" I asked
"Oh right, the memory loss thing."
"I'm sorry." I said
"No it's okay. Well I was kidnapped by a Serial killer, more than once. The last time he got me and you. He tried to kill you so I stabbed him with a scalpel. But I still have nightmares that he tries to kill me." She said looking at the scars on both of her hands.
"Is that how you got those?" I asked
"Yeah. He pinned me to the floor with scalpels." She replied. I rubbed her back, and she laid back down. I laid my head on her chest, a familiar feeling, and listened to her heart beat. Before I knew it I drifted off into a deep sleep.

Jane's Point Of View:

I woke up to fists repeatedly banging on my chest. I shot my eyes open and saw Maura thrashing around and crying.
"Maura!" I said and wrapped my arms around her, restraining her from thrashing.
"Shh, Maura it's just a dream." I said rubbing her soft honey blond hair. The thrashing slowly stopped and the sobs went quiet. I looked down and saw Maura staring up at me.
"Another nightmare?" I asked and she just nodded.
"Want to talk about it?" I asked
"A guy named Dennis keeps grabbing me and puts a knife to my neck. You are trying to talk to him and are trying to get him to let go. Then he slips and falls down an elevator shaft taking me with him." She said wiping the tears.
"It felt so real." She cried.
"I know, I know. But it's okay, he is dead." I said and I felt her tense up.
"Wait, this really happened?"
"Yes. This is what happened to you. You were with Dennis and next thing we knew he turned out to be a serial killer. He tried to kill you, but he slipped, he fell, and took you with him. I tried to grab you but it was too late." I said going back to the scariest day of my life.
"It wasn't your fault." She said running her soft thumbs up and down my cheeks.
"I kept thinking, why wasn't I there, why wasn't I close enough to grab you?"
"Survivor's guilt." She said.
"Hey, Doctor genius is back." I said smiling
"Partly." She stated
"Don't worry. You will remember everything, I promise." She said hugging her right.

Maura's Point Of View:

I feel so safe in Jane's arms. I love that she is so protective. I am starting to fall for her. She probably isn't even gay. Plus, she is my best friend. I can't date her right? Can I? No. Does she feel the same way? No that's ridiculous. I thought to myself. Jane laid back down and I fell asleep on her chest again, her arms wrapped around my slim figure.

Love RemembersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara