Love Never Dies

Maura's Point Of View:

I woke up with warm strong arms around my waist, our legs twisted together. I snuggled closer to the body pressed against mine. I jumped when I heard Jane's phone buzzing on the night stand. She quickly let go of me and answered it.
"Rizzoli." she said still half asleep.
"I'll be right there." she said getting out of bed and hanging up.
"I've got a murder." she said pulling down the pajama pants, then pulled on her black khakis. She pulled off her Boston Police Department shirt and put on her blue plain t-shirt. After she was finished getting ready, she headed to work leaving me in an empty house once again. I know everyone is trying to help me, they won't talk about work because they know I miss being able to do what I love, and they will try and help me remember things, but they are treating me like I'm broken. They put barriers up. I just wish I could get my flipping memory back so it can go back to normal.

After I was dressed for the day, I decided to clean since I have nothing else to do. I vacuumed the already clean carpet, disinfected the shiny countertops and dusted everything. I was going through drawers in my desk in my little office across from my yoga room. In the top desk drawer there is pencils, pens, highlighters, sticky notes, note cards, sharpies, basically writing essentials. In the bottom drawer there is unused notebooks, composition books, blank printer paper, then I came across a book. I pulled it out and It had 'Memories' writen across the front. I opened the first page and it said 'Maura and Jane's Journey' in big bubble letters. The first page had two pictures tapped in, between the two pictures it said 'Day at the zoo'. The first picture was a picture of Jane on the left, TJ in the middle, and me on the right. The picture on  the bottom was a picture of me and  TJ petting a horse. I couldn't help but smile, I actually remember that day vividly, probably because it has nothing to do with my accident. I flipped to the next page and it was a picture of Jane kissing my cheek, and writing that said 'forever'. I smiled but didn't really think anything of it. Turning to the next page in the scrapbook was a picture of the family. Angela was sitting on a stool in the middle, with Tommy on the right, Frankie in the middle behind Angela, then Jane standing to the left of Frankie, finally I was on the left to Angela next to Jane. I studied the picture carefully then noticed I was holding Jane hands, our fingers laced together. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned the page. The next page was a selfie of me and Jane kissing on the lips. My widened when I saw the writing 'One month anniversary'. I flipped to the last page that was was another picture of me and Jane kissing on the lips with caption 'she said yes'. I looked closer at the picture and my left hand was placed on her cheek with two heart shaped gemstones ring. The upper heart had Pink stone, my birthstone, engraved next to the right of the heart was 'Maura', to the left of my heart were to cubic zirconia; the lower had a blue sapphire stone, which I'm guessing is Jane's birthstone, to the left of the heart 'Jane' was engraved, to the right of the heart there were two more cubic zirconias. I looked under the writing and the date said June 24, 2016, the day of the accident. I gasped, I dropped the book on the floor and covered my mouth with both of my hands. I ran out of the room, and into mine. I started tearing the room apart.

I searched through my jewelry box, dresser drawers, even through the pockets of Jane's pants, no ring. I felt the tears streaming down my cheeks making it hard to see. I kept wiping them away but new ones would just form. Now that I've torn apart the whole house, no sign of the ring, I grabbed a glass of wine and sat on the couch. I was just staring at the picture trying to wrap my head around it. The woman I have been falling for, for the past month, the girl I thought I would never get to myself, the girl I have practically forgotten has been mine all along. I kept telling myself I can't be with my best friend, yet we were more than best friend. She lied to me. Why? Was it because she thought it was too much? After I forgot everything did she no longer love me? Did she realize she couldn't handle me? She acts like I'm just this broken. Everything is now making sense to me. She doesn't sleep on the couch because she was watching me, she sleeps on the couch because this is where she lives. She doesn't have clothes in the closet for when she stays the night, it's because she lives here. This explains why she accidentally whispers 'I love you' at night then tenses up. Then when she thinks I'm fully asleep she kisses my cheek, and wraps her arms around me and entangles our limbs together.