Confession #10

This was the first time I can say that I am looking for someone.

"Hey babe! Ah yeah I'm not in the office right now I have a personal meeting somewhere in the town", I explained to Elise while I can almost see her brows crossing again in the other end of the line. Actually it was another lie just to take a day off from her. I'm going to need a good explanation to her since sometimes she is a very good spy.

I drove around the city not really sure where to go. But I have a feeling I want to go somewhere I can find solace and peace of mind. That night bar. But it doesn't really opens until nine pm tonight and it's just like ten in the morning. I was really surprised how fast I turned to someone I really don't recognize. I mean I don't chase random girls, they chase me. I don't waste time on them, they waste their lives for me. But here I am today trying to look for the girl I saw a few nights ago just to check if what I feel is a simple infatuation.

I roamed around the city for almost three hours but I got nothing. Guess this is just another random quest on a girl so I decided to go back to the office since I lost hours for this chase. As I maneuver to the company's direction I notice my phone is ringing and saw Bernie's name in the caller ID.

"Yeah?"

"Dude, you have to come back in the office someone's looking for you", Bernie's voice is chappy and breaking in the line.

"Okay I'm coming back right now, if that's the investors tell them to wait and if that's Elise tell her to wait too", I hurriedly went off the road and drove directly to the office since I have this important presentation with regards the new investors of the company. Fifteen minutes later I was already in the office and was fixing myself neatly. As I went up the elevator I noticed Elise was already up ahead and greeted me with a wide grin.

"Hello baby.. Where have you been?" Elise's smile is grateful to see me but her tone meant sarcastically. "You told me that you're going to have a meeting somewhere in a town?" her smile faded as she pulled me into a hug.

"Will you not please start a fight here Elise, please? This is important. Investors are in my office now ready to listen to my presentation. We'll talk later okay?", I asked her politely and gave her a peck in the lips. She did not say anything again and left with a grumpy face. I continued walking towards my office and was surprise to see Bernie first.

"Where's the investors?" I asked frantically thinking they already left.

"I think this person is more interesting for you dude..", Bernie was seemingly nervous and excited at the same time. I gave him my doubtful look and was confused who he meant. "You should go inside. She's waiting for you", then Bernie patted my shoulder and left. I thought of so may girls who could have paid me a visit but I was surprise to see "Charlie?".

I was dumbfounded seeing her in a white floral dress with a long cardigan. Her brown hair free falling off her shoulders and her ocean green eyes met mine. "You know me?" She asked gently looking confused how.

I was just standing there on my feet soaking like cement. I cannot move. This was the first time a girl made me froze. And as cheesy as it sounds, my chest is pounding. (Cue in song If I lose myself by OneRepublic )

"Yeah..ahmm.. I know your father, sort of", I gave her a horrid look which was a wrong facial reaction instead of playing nice to her.

"Okay.. My father wanted me to give your upper suit back. You left it at the bar the other night. He said you own this", she sounded so good. I grabbed my suit still under the impression that I am a strict guy.

"Thanks." I answered briefly.

"You're welcome. I'll go ahead.", she bid.

"Wait!" I sounded strict again.

"Yeah?" she turned back to me.

"How did you knew me?" I tested her knowledge, but all I wanted to know is all about her.

"You're that rich guy from every paper I see in different stores. Funny how you look....strict and braggy..anyway I'll have to go", she bid again. I don't know if I will be glad that I saw her or be mad of how she thought of me. But somehow I want to see her again.