James story part 42

After you see that there were no kids left at the elementary you get in your car and drive to your house. When you get there you find a car parked outside, it didn't look familiar. You park in your driveway and step out of your car. You noticed the passenger door from the car parked in front of your house open. As you grabbed your bag from inside your car, you see that Carlos was walking out of the car. He smiles and you stare at him in confusion.

"Carlos?"

"What's up"

"What are you doing here? And how did you even find where I lived"

"Want me to be honest"

"Yes"

He stayed quiet.

"Well...?"

"Can we go inside?" he asked.

"Is there anyone else with you?"

"No why"

"Cause you got out of the passenger seat so I thought maybe someone else was driving?"

He looked back at the car then back at you.

"Oh, I see what you're talking about, no I've been here for a while and I decided to move to the passenger seat"

"I'm not even gonna ask why you did that" you smile and walk towards your house.

Carlos follows you inside.

"Sit down" you say as you walk towards the other couch after setting your bag on the center table.

"How you been?"

"Good and you?"

"I've been great."

"So... not to be rude or anything but, what are you doing here?"

"Oh yeah. Ah... alright well James kinda... told me to come and talk to you"

"To talk to me?"

"Mhhm"

"About?"

"About what you saw the other night... at the suite... after Natasha's - "

"Yeah, yeah I know what you're talking about"

"He just wanted me to clarify that - "

"Carlos don't waste your time. Honestly if I didn't believe him, what makes you think that I'll believe you? Sorry but I'm just done with all of this, I really don't want to talk about James"

There was silence between the two of you. You thought Carlos was a good friend for coming over and trying to talk to you about James, but you didn't want to hear anything he wanted to say.

"He really likes you, you know that"

"Doesn't seem like it"

"I've never heard him talk so much about a girl, like he does about you"

"Carlos - "

"You should give him another chance (YN), I'm not just telling you this cause he's my friend but because I can tell you still like him, so don't give up an opportunity like this"

"I really appreciate you coming here and trying to help out your friend, but I don't think I'll be seeing you guys any more"

"What?" he narrowed his eyebrows and stared at you.

"Yeah... I'm leaving town."

"You're moving out of California?"

"Yea"

"Why?"

"Too many things going on here that I don't want to deal with."

"Where you going now?"

"With my parents, ima go visit them"

"So you're coming back?"

"No, after spending a few weeks with them I'll probably find a place over there or just move to a different state that I really like"

"Where do your parents live"

"I would tell you but... I don't want you telling James, so sorry I can't tell you anything other than I'm leaving"

"Well can you at least tell me when you're leaving"

"Next weekend"

"What?!"

"What?"

"Why so fast, can't you wait or something"

"No, for what? I don't have a reason to stay here anyways"

"I think you're crazy."

"Maybe I am, but that's what I want and that's what I'm going to do"