5 August 2001

I still had no idea of what we were doing or where dad was taking me. Whenever I asked him on the journey, he would just say "you'll see" and smile. He better be quick with it, my phones running out of charge.

Then I realised something, it was obvious wasn't it. I remember from my birthday! He said he'd go camping in Devon! Oh my god I'm so excited! I saw him packing our luggage in the week. It all pieced together perfectly.

So why are we in London, at six o clock, one night after school? Ok this bit doesn't piece at all together. We can't fly to Devon, can we? Meh, I give up. Dad can deal with the planning and getting where we need to be shit and I'll just go along for the ride.

Seen as I'd now figured out that we were going on holiday, I decided to just sit in the departures lounge and put my headphones on, still no idea where we were going or when we'd be coming back.

I decided to message Lucy. After all, she'd need to know where I'd be tomorrow or she'd panic.
"Hey Lucy! Xx"
"Hey handsome! Xx" Suppose I am a bit.
"I don't think I'm coming in tomorrow."
"What! Why not?"
"Well I'm kinda at the airport but I dunno where I'm going cos my dads just being a little bitch."
"Aww, well you do deserve it. I mean to get away from the stuck up twats that bully you all the time."
"Aww thanks. Promise to stay in touch."
"Promise, love you xxxx"
"Love you too xxxx"

Sometimes, I really dunno what to do. D'you get in those moods when you're as bored as hell. Lucky I had so many songs on my phone to listen to.

It must have been an hour and a half maybe more, then suddenly I felt a sharp pull on my arm. I sat up in shock! Bastard! My dad just gave me the worst scare of my life! We walked to our gate, gave the lady, and just for your reference she was fit af, our boarding passes and on we went.

Just as we were taking off, my dad finally spoke. But not what I expected him to say.
"Say goodbye to England son."