9: My.....stalkers?

"That will be it for today. Class is dismissed!" Iruka announced brightly right after the last class.

"Yippee!"

"Where do you want to go later?"

"Let's go to the park!"

"Sorry, I have to go home..."

"Awww! That's too bad."

I absentmindedly listened to the conversations as I left the academy building. Just I was about to head home, my eyes met with another pair of black eyes. I blinked and noticed it was a much older boy, probably in his teens, leaning against the tree in the schoolyard in silence. Nobody else was with him, but the first thing I noticed was he had that Uchiha symbol on his shirt.

And he wouldn't stop staring either.

Why is he here?

..... Is he waiting for somebody?

"Itachi-nii-san!" A familiar voice came from behind me. I continued walking, while watching one of my classmates, Sasuke-oh! Uchiha- come from the school and run towards his older brother. Itachi finally stopped staring (hallelujah!) and spoke to his brother softly.

Now here's the worst part.

The three of us were a couple meters apart, but we all exited the schoolgrounds at the same time!

And we all walked at the same pace.

Which meant when Sasuke wasn't looking, Itachi could continue staring at me like the rest of the other Uchihas did so when we reached the main streets.

I didn't dare look back at Itachi and picked up my pace.

It didn't help because Itachi offered to carry Sasuke home who gladly took up his offer meaning both boys were walking my pace. (Sasuke is oblivious to this staring thing.)

Please stay away.

They kept their distance and didn't widen it.

PLEASE! JUST GO AWAY!

Finally, I sighed in relief to see my dad's apartment and hurried inside without looking back.

I am so paranoid right now.

I unlocked the door and locked it behind me before looking around, remembering my dad was out on a mission.....meaning I was alone.

"Huh...." I sulkily put my things away and began making dinner and a mini snack before studying. I checked my phone for any emails, but none came. This is even more lonely.

After dinner, I studied like I planned, but I didn't plan to study this fast. Actually, I studied until 7....which in my case, was too fast.

But I went through all my material and homework!

So what do I do? Dad doesn't have a tv. He says he doesn't use it.

Well I don't watch tv.

Train? Where, outside?

No thank you. I don't wish to be the target of some pesky Uchihas.

My worst nightmare would probably be when one of them finally decides that they need to talk to me.

I shuddered at the thought.

"I'll go to the Assassin Chief and hang out there or something," I muttered, grabbing my shoes.

Ten minutes later, I was running as fast as could to the Assasin Chief's office to avoid the stares. I knocked, signed in, and went to see Ijuro.

"Let's see... You don't have to go to the academy the day after tomorrow, right?" The chief confirmed. "So you'll either be sent on a mission alone or with an ninja team. There's two choices. Take your pick."

"Um, what's the time frame?" I asked fidgeting a little.

"Both are about a week."

"What's the team like? For the second choice I mean."

"No team has taken the mission yet."

I already have proven myself to be able to take on a solo mission three days ago. I killed the victim within two hours. Neat and quick and nobody knew. The mission was supposed to be a day or two long, but I had just taken two hours to finished it. I think I scared Ijuro and the other assassins though.....

Anyways, I don't mind a solo mission, but I wanted to try something new.

"I'll take the one with a team," I decided. Ijuro nodded and wrote me down.

"Good. I'll inform Hokage-sama and you'll join a team who needs someone killed during a mission," Chief informed me.

"So like a side assassinations?"

"Yeah. Something like that."

"Okay. Thank you very much."

"You're welcome. Good night."

"Good night."

"Wait, Jolin..." Chief stopped me quickly.

"Yes?"

"Are you really, Ibiki Morino's daughter?" Even he seems to be scared of my dad.

"Hai. Someone was kind enough to help me find my father. Don't you think that's wonderful?" I said, smiling.

"Y-yeah," Ijuro didn't seem to think so. He coughed and dismissed me.