15: Homework.....

Jolin's POV

I ran all the way to the Academy to see what Iruka Sensei needed.....or wanted.....

.....ya know, it's a little depressing yet happy that Iruka Sensei called me. I'm not noticed in class, so unless Iruka has memorized everyone's names, including mine, or has a clipboard of everyone's names, then he doesn't call on me for questions in class at all.

Anyways, I reached my classroom and slid the wooden door open. The classroom was empty, except for two people.

Iruka Sensei

Aaannndddd

Sasuke Uchiha

Wonderful.

I walked up to Iruka Sensei who didn't notice me, but Sasuke did and waved at me. Such a cute boy.....

Focus!

I tapped on Iruka who yelped.

"Jolin! Sorry, I didn't notice, I guess," he said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's okay," I responded. "You called me, Sensei?"

"Ah yes!" He exclaimed getting up. "Jolin, you will be paired up with Sasuke here to do a research project."

"I can do it by myself," Sasuke boasted.

"Right, I don't doubt that, Sasuke," Iruka agreed. "But this is going to require being able to work together with any partner. So when you are sent on missions with different partners, you will understand how to work together."

"Okay then," Sasuke said agreeably.

"What's the project going to be about?" I asked.

"You two can decide!" Iruka said, giving us an encouraging smile. "Something related to missions that the Hokage will send us on."

"Any kind of mission?"

"Any kind."

Sasuke and I glanced at each other before turning back to the teacher.

"Okay. We can do it."

"Alright then! I'll see to you two tomorrow then!" Iruka Sensei said to us. Sasuke and I silently left the Academy.

"Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" I asked softly. Sasuke glanced at me before continuing down the road. I followed silently after him until we passed the park.

"I was thinking of interrogation," he said, smiling a little.

"Ah, the famous Sharingan?" I added. "So your clan deals with illusions and such, right?"

"Yeah."

"I was thinking of the same thing."

"Really?" Sasuke looked relieved to find we had a project able to do. "Let's do it then!"

"Wait, instead of a research paper of just mental interrogation, why not do both physical and mental interrogation?" I suggested. "We would have more resources, and my father is an interrogator himself."

"Really? That's kind of cool," Sasuke beamed. So cute.....

(Remember, Sasuke is a hard-working little boy who hasn't been traumatized by his loss of family. Not yet, anyways.)

"Okay then, let's check the library right after school tomorrow," I decided.

"Sure then. Bye!" We parted ways and went back home.

Once I got home, I found my father was already in the kitchen, setting food on the table.

"Welcome home, kid," Father greeted me warmly when I returned.

"Yeah....." I said quietly, feeling tears well up when I heard him say that. I missed my father far too much, and just his words were enough to remind me what I've missed.

"Come on, Kid, it's okay," Father said, hugging me. He wiped my tears away and patted my head.

"You prepared dinner?" I questioned curiously, changing the topic. My father smiled slyly at me.

"Sure, why not? But remember, I cooked dinner, so who knows what I did."

"You.....didn't poison it.....right?" I asked him warily. I may seem hardcore and all, but even I can die if someone shot me or poisoned me.

"No, of course not. Here, sit down." Father took my book bag away from me, and I obeyed, sitting at the table. He joined me and pushed a plate of dumplings towards me along with a pair of chopsticks and a bowl of rice.

"Try this first," my father told me.

"Okay then. Thanks for the meal," I said, reaching for the dumplings. I placed one in my mouth when.....

"HOT!" I yelped, while my father chuckled.

"Sweet and spicy dumplings," he said, while I hissed in pain.

"Suharry, buh ih cah't stanh spahcy!" I scolded, while my father laughed. (Translation: Sorry, but I can't stand spicy!)

"Here, have this," my father said, handing me a cup. I downed the liquid and sighed in relief although the stinging of the hot spice remained.

"Ho....."

"Did you taste the flavor?" My father asked.

"Huh? Oh.....is this lychee and strawberry jelly?" I exclaimed, looking back in the cup. Sure enough, tiny little pieces of strawberry jello clung to the sides of the cup and the scent of lychee reached my nose.

"Yeah. Try this next." My father picked a little bit of seaweed from a plate with his chopstick and fed me the food.

I chewed and soon, a wave of sweet and sour hit me. "Wow, it's strong, but tasty."

"Good to hear. Next this....." He fed me a piece of chicken, or so I thought, but my father's cooking surprised me.....

"Is this pork?" I said, chewing the tender meat.

"Yeah. Try this one." He took a little sushi roll and fed me it.

"Fahtherh!" I yelled when I tasted the hidden strong wasabi inside. (Translation: Father!") My father laughed again at my outburst.

"I think you already know this, but there's wasabi inside."

"Twoo mah!" (Translation: Too much!) I gulped down another lychee strawberry jelly drink Father handed me.

The rest of the meal was spent trying my father's dishes, yelling in surprise when I ate something spicy, and figuring out exactly what ingredients were inside the dish. Finally, after half an hour, I brushed my teeth and flopped down on the floor with my father to help polish and organize our tools and weapons.

"Here," father handed me the cloth and some shurikens, and I washed away the dried blood on each of the four blades.

After two hours, I hugged my father and went to bed.

"Goodnight, Kid. Well done on the mission," my father praised me.

"Thanks, Dad." I shut the door and sent a text to Mr. Karasuma to update my weapons in order to take on Jutsus.

All right then. Good night.