Chapter 3: His dad

"I like you," she tells me.
"Why? I thought you and him were together."
"Truth is he does all the flirting with me because he wants to make you jealous," she tells me. I laugh humorously. Her serious expression does not change and she pats the seat next to her.
"Why should I stay after what you did?"
"I'm sorry but I couldn't help myself, I won't do it again I swear! Plus if you want to know why he left you, you'd stay." She said
Unwillingly I took the seat and was ready for a story.
"Okay, so Anthony's father is very strict and wants a girl that has money to be with him. He wants me. But when Anthony met me we both had the friendship feeling between us no more and no less. But he asked me to let him flirt with me to make you jealous so I did." She said.
"But why would you let him?" I asked confused.
"Cause... I want to make you jealous too," I could feel myself getting awkward again.
"But, well where is he then?"I ask concerned. Her face turns hard and sad.
"I think his dad, maybe his dad, no never mind that. It's a silly idea," she replies.
"What? Come on tell me!" I say curious.
"No, I promised him," she says. It's quiet for a few but then I had an idea to make her spill the beans.
"If I give you a kiss will you tell me?" I ask desperate to know.
"Fine," she says. I lean in to peck her on the cheek but she turns her head at split second and it lands on her lips.
"You sly fox!" I say. "Whatever just tell me!"
She takes a deep breath and struggles to manage any words but after a while of cursing she says,
"I think his dad murdered him." She finally blurts out and she gasped for air as she sat looking at my expression.
"What makes you say that? He's only been gone for a day!"
"He told me Jessica he told me that his dad abuses him. Even when he was dating you." She tells me.
"That doesn't mean he's automatically dead !"
"Well you don't know him like I do okay? You don't so don't think you know everything cause you don't!" She screams at me.
" What the hell is wrong with you?!" I say taking my purse and leaving. When I got to the parking lot I realized that she drove me here so I would have to get her to drive me back. So she does.
"I do like you, Bridget, just not like that." I say during the car ride.
"I know. I just really love you Jess. I'd do anything to get you to be mine, but I know you don't feel the same way,"
"I'm really sorry. But ya know plenty of fish in the sea right?" I say. She shakes her head.
"You don't get it. All of the girls I love are straight and I hate that so much."
We arrive at Starbucks and Bridget leaves. I think about what she told me about Anthony and shiver. I can't believe he never told me this. Maybe Bridget's right maybe I don't really know him. Maybe after all those years with him all I knew about him was that he was nice and he gave me pleasure. During lonely nights I felt unsure but then he came and he shared his warmth.