Chapter 4: That night

The next day I do not go into Starbucks again but simply wait and look outside to see if Bridget and Anthony was here. Surprisingly, Anthony wasn't but Bridget was in line for her coffee like everyday. He's probably sick again. I would really rather not talk to her and avoid all the awkwardness but I had to know more about him. I felt like a bad girlfriend. Maybe that was why he really left. Maybe it wasn't Bridget's butt after all. With that I laughed at what I was thinking about and how many times Bridget tried to kiss me yesterday. I sighed and pushed the glass doors making my way to Bridget.
"Hi!"she said excited.
"I need you to do me a favor. Will you help me?" I whispered. She nods carefully and we wait in line silently. I drive to my house and welcome her in.
"I'm sorry, it's not much." I say locking the door. I thought she would be bored but she gazes around as if fascinated.
"No, it's it's it's a sight. I love the old fashioned vibe." She said clearly distracted. She rotates a full 360 degrees and returns to the same spot she started with. She forms a square with her hands then pulls out a camera from her purse. As I watch her capture my house I laugh. She shows me the picture and I turned wild.
"How did you get that beautiful house from this piece of shit?" I said motioning throughout the house.
She smirks and says, "Your house had been beautiful. You just have to know how to capture it from the correct light,"
"Wow." Is all I can say as I stare at the picture.
"Well what can I do for you?" She questioned.
"I need you to tell me more about him. After what you said yesterday I realized that you were right, I don't really know him." I start, "Is that why he left me, Bridget? Cause I was a bad girlfriend?"
She shakes her head.
"No, not at all Jess, you're a great girlfriend how were you supposed to know his secrets?" She said supportive.
"Well you know! He told you."
"He didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think you were the reason his dad is abusing him! He didn't want you to think it was your fault!"She said.
"Well it is my fault!"I say in tears.
"See this is exactly what he didn't want to happen, now sit down.Cry on my shoulder if you want. I just need you to know its not your fault." She said calm.
"HE DIDN'T WANT IT TO HAPPEN HUH? WELL IT ISN'T WORKING VERY WELL FOR HIM IS IT NOW?" I say frustrated. I burst in tears and ran to my room leaving Bridget in the living room. I cried and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I got up, washed my face, and untangled my tangled hair. I gazed at the mirror and smiled. I sighed and walked out to the living room where I found Bridget looking at my pictures.
"Who is she? She's beautiful." She asked. I smiled looking up at the pictures hanging from the light brown oakwood walls.
"She's my mom," I say wandering off in my thoughts. My hand lingers over her face and I think of that night. I was at home calling Anthony. She came upstairs and yelled at me for being with that *son of a bitch*. I quickly turned off the phone and ran downstairs. We had a big argument that night. But I chose Anthony over her and I decided to move out. I came to my apartment that night and sat down to watch some movies and eat ice cream. When I turned on the tv the news came on about someone who got in a car accident near my house. I heard my mom's name saying she died on her way here apologizing to me. Her last words were "I'm sorry Jess!"And I remember that night the guilt burned in my throat so much I crouched in a corner and cried silently to myself. I regained myself to the future hearing Bridget saying my name many many times. "JESSICA JESS JESSIE HELLO R YA THERE?"
"Sorry," I mumble.
"Well?"
"Well what?" I ask confused.
"Where's she?"
My jaw tightens and I could feel tears building up.
"She's gone," I say holding back the tears. Bridget's face changes from admiration to sympathy.
"I'm sorry... I I didn't know,"
I smile silently to myself remembering my mom. 
"Well, it's it's getting pretty late. I'm gonna head home now."