Chapter 6 : Celebrate Cana-Style

I shrugged and ducked out from under Gajeel's arm, then walked over to Lucy, unconsciously bringing the claw with me. I threw my cloak on the counter and sat on the nearest stool, crossing my legs. "So, what's new?"

She pointed at something behind me, her brown eyes wide open. "That! What on earth are you carrying and how are you carrying it?"

I turned to see the talon, still suspended mid-air by my shadow-tail. I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck. "Oh... That... I forgot I was carrying it. Well, turns out I'm a shadow dragon slayer, so I'm using my newly remembered magic.

Lucy looked down and nodded guiltily. "That's what the master thought, but we weren't allow to tell you. I wanted to, really... So, what is it?"

I grinned and patted the claw as I set it down, turning back towards Lucy. "This is a little something I cut off from the beast after basically saving Gajeel's ass."

He growled from his dark corner across the guild. "Ya did not save my ass!"

I chuckled and swiveled in my seat again to face him. "Giving credit where credit is due, you did kill the monster. But I saved your ass for total annihilation and you know it!"

He muttered something and went back to chewing on a wrench, the rest of the guild drowning him out. The read-headed girl I had seen upon entering walked up to us, shortcake in hand, and tapped the claw. "My monster's horn was bigger. This is really nothing new."

I looked at her and extended a hand. "That's actually the smallest claw I could find. I'm Kristal, by the way, but I prefer Kris."

She shook my hand and smiled, her armor clinking. "Well then, I apologize. This is rather impressive. I'm Erza Scarlet, call me Erza. You're the new girl, right? Amnesiac and Gajeel's fist willing partner."

I snorted and leaned back against the counter. "Yep. And given Metal Head's attitude, I'm not surprised."

I heard him shout an indignant "Hey!" from the back of the guild. I chuckled and yelled in his general direction. "I tease because I care~"

He growled and crossed his arms. "Shut the hell up Bubble Brain!"

I scowled at him and crossed my arms too. "I have a name, you walking tin can."

He grinned and leaned back in his chair, pleased with his success in annoying me. "And I ain't gonna use it unless ya make me!"

I rolled my eyes and sighed, moving the black strand of hair back in front of my iris. Erza had moved to sit next to Lucy, and was now eating her cake. I turned back to the two of them, uncrossing my arms. "So, we have several hours to kill, any ideas?"

The words had barely left my mouth, that Cana ran up and shoved a tall glass in my hand. "GET DRUNK TO CELEBRATE!"

I chuckled and turned towards Cana, who had sat down between Lucy and me. "Cana, it's... what? Five or six in the afternoon? The sun hasn't even began to set!"

She grinned and chugged her beer in two seconds flat. "It's never too early to get drunk. Now go!"

I shrugged and downed my drink too, the liquid warming my insides pleasantly. Cana took the glass back and put it in the sink on the other side of the counter. "So? How do you feel?"

I shrugged, leaning against the counter again. "Pleasantly warm, probably a bit buzzed."

Her grin widened, half hidden by her glass. "You pass the lightweight test! That glass was gin watered down with tequila. One of these, and Natsu's drunk. A couple more and he's out for the night."