Chapter 1

I'd been staring at my face that was embellished by make-up in the mirror since the last fifteen minutes then I sighed for a million times. Today was my wedding day, the day I'd been excitedly waiting for since my husband-to-be, Louis, and I first announced to everyone that we were engaged-to-be-married. But last night, this stressful, muddled feeling had suddenly come attacking me until now.

I startled when I heard a knock on my door. "Ashley?"

I smiled because I knew exactly who it was. Then I got up, walked straight up to the door, and turned the doorknob. Familiar faces smiled at me just as the door swung open. All wrapped in turquoise strapless cocktail length gazar bridesmaids dresses with black lace overlay at bodice, were my best friends--Jessica, Kirsten, and Scarlett.

"Hi, girls," I smiled back at them.

Their eyes widened with awe. But the next second, Jessica quickly stepped inside after making sure nobody was around then she pulled me away from the door. The other girls followed and closed the door.

"Oh my God! Ashley, you look gorgeous!" she exclaimed, squeezing my arms.

My lips curled up a smile. Jessica. She was my high school bestie and I loved her so much. I remembered how we'd always eaten lunch together at cafeteria, gone shopping together on the weekends, gotten our hair done together before going to the parties, shared everything to each other, and done more things every BFF did. Even though we slowly separated since I'd been busy with my career being a model, but our friendship would never last.

"Thank you," I said. "You do too."

"Look at your hair, Ashley." Kirsten, my other best friend who was Louis' stepsister, stepped closer to me. "They're awesome!"

"Yeah, I thank my hairdresser for this." I pasted a smile as I carefully touched my blond hair that was already perfectly styled.

"Oh by the way, I love this bridesmaids dress," Kirsten cheered. "It's so cute!"

"Glad you love it."

I noticed Jessica studying my face, a concern look painted on her face. "You don't seem fine. Are you okay, Ash?"

I cut my eyes away as I took a deep breath then sat on the couch. "I don't know," I breathed. "I just feel... It just... I mean, it doesn't feel... Ergh!" I left my words hanging because I didn't know how to finish it.

Kirsten plopped down on my side and she held my hand. "I know exactly how you feel."

I turned to her. "You do?"

"Of course," she answered. "That's what every bride feels right before their wedding. And I think even supermodels are allowed to have wedding-day jitters."

I shook my head. "I'm just afraid this marriage won't go well like I imagine..." I bit my lip to hold back my tears because it would ruin my make-up.

Jessica took a seat on the other side of me and put her arm around my shoulders. "Hey, don't cry, sweetie. Everything's going to be alright."

"I'm not sure, Jess..."

"What are you not sure about?" Kirsten asked.

"I don't know... It's hard to explain..." I ducked my head. "I mean, everyone knows there isn't a day that goes by Louis and I not arguing. We even argued about the date, place, and theme of this wedding!"

"But isn't that what made you fall for each other in the first place?"

I closed my eyes. "I'm scared someday we'll get tired of arguing, get tired of each other..." A tear fell down on my cheek.