Chapter 3

My hands started to sweat, my body was already shaking, I couldn't stop biting my lips, and I knew I squeezed Dave's left arm very tightly. Anxiety rushed all over my body.

"Nervous much?" Dave asked.

I glanced at him and tried to throw him a smile. "Much more than before."

Dave didn't say anything, only giving me tender pat twice on my shoulder with his free hand.

We'd been standing here outside the church for about five minutes, waiting for a sign for us to come in. I drew in a deep breath and exhaled, trying to relax. As soon as I finally heard "Here Comes The Bride" started playing, the door swung open. My eyes witnessed the church was filled with mine and Louis' families and friends. I proceeded down the aisle with a smile that I couldn't hide, escorted by Dave on my right side.

I saw Louis staring at me in awe from the altar. He looked very sharp in his two-button Vera Wang gray tuxedo with a black tie. Harry, who was standing slightly behind him as the bestman, whispered something in his ear. Then Louis shot me a kind, alluring smile that made me blush.

From the corner of my eye, I caught mum smiling through the tears. Next to her, my grandma and grandpa were waving at me, looking as happy as my mum. The aisle was full of flowers spread by the flower girl. I saw the sunlight penetrate the church window, making the room feel warm. On the side of the altar, the photographs of my dad, Zayn, and Allison were smiling at me, as if they were really standing there peacefully.

The wedding march stopped playing as I arrived at the altar. Louis was like he wanted to say something, but there wasn't any word coming out of his mouth. He just ran his eyes up and down my body before he finally murmured, "Wow."

The priest smiled at Louis and me then he began to say, "Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together this man and this woman in this matrimony..."

I couldn't stop glancing at Louis, so did he. My heart thumped so fast and a smile on my lips still appeared since I'd seen him standing here. I couldn't even concentrate to what the priest was saying.

Is Louis as nervous as I am? Does his heart beat faster than mine? What was the first thing that came on his mind when he first saw me in this dress? Does he think I'm beautiful? What did Harry whisper to him earlier? What's on his mind right now? Is he thinking what I'm thinking?

"...that ye may so live together in this life, that in the world to come ye may have life everlasting. Amen," the priest ended.

After the guests echoed 'amen', Louis and I turned to each other. He gave me a huge, nervous smile and I smiled at him sheepishly.

The priest cleared his throat. "Will you, Louis William Tomlinson, take this woman to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do you part?"

"I will," Louis replied unwaveringly.

"And will you, Ashley Juliet Murphy, take this man to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, cherish, and obey, until death do you part?"

My smile bloomed bigger. "I will."

Next, Harry delivered the ring to Louis. He took my left hand and slid it on my ring finger. Then Harry gave me another ring, I took it and put it on Louis' fourth finger of his left hand. After we exchanged rings, we grinned at each other. Those plain gold rings we'd chosen together at Tiffany & Co. shone under the lights.

"I now pronounce you man and wife," the priest declared. "And you may kiss the bride."

Louis' eyes sparkled and I could see the happiness reflect in them. Then he slipped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. I closed my eyes when he pressed his lips on mine, feeling how soft they were and how sweet his kiss was. This was the best kiss I'd ever had. Maybe I'd been wrong when I'd said I was the lucky one to have Louis, because I now realised that we were the lucky ones to have each other.

***

(to be continued)