Chapter 4

The reception took place at the church backyard. It was pretty big, enough to accommodate about 500 guests. Everyone was having a conversation or eating. The contentment was pictured on their faces. The warm atmosphere of June evening felt cozier when the singer started singing Close To You by The Carpenters.

I'd changed my wedding dress to a white Chanel dress which had red embroidery on the bodice and puffy short skirt with tulle underlay. It was pretty simple, yet adorably perfect for the garden party. To complete my outfit, I wore a flower crown on my head that was made by Jessica, Kirsten, and Scarlett. I let my long, wavy hair down on my back.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen," Louis confessed in my ear and he kissed my cheek. We'd just finished our interview with some press and media.

Louis looked dazzling in his black Hugo tuxedo and matching trousers with a bowtie around his neck. The scent of Gucci Guilty he always wore flew into my nose as he put his arm on my shoulders and I looped mine around his waist. Then he walked me to his football teammates.

For like one hour, Louis and I had been busy talking from one group of guests to another one. We spread smiles and happiness to everyone, trying to make them enjoy this party. And a few minutes ago, we'd just had our own fun. Louis invited me for the groom and bride dance and we danced along to Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, reminiscing about the day of the Rapunzel play in high school. Just like our first kiss, he surprisingly kissed me after the song ended.

"Okay for intermezzo, friends of the groom and bride are going to present a song to them," the host said. "Please welcome, Niall and Jessica!"

When the guest clapped their hands, Niall and Jessica came onto the stage. He hung the guitar over his shoulder as she grabbed the microphone. She'd replaced her bridesmaid dress with a red lace slim mini dress featuring slightly pleated v cut neck while her husband was already vestless.

"Here's Can't Help Falling In Love for the groom and bride over there." Jessica winked at me. "Enjoy it." She took a seat next to Niall who was already playing the intro and began to sing.

"Wise men say only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay

Would it be a sin

If I can't help falling in love with you"

Before Niall took over the song, he gave Jessica a smile. From the way his blue eyes looked at her, I knew how much he loved her. I liked how they still acted like best friends even though they were married and had a kid now.

"Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you"

Louis, who was sitting next to me, nudged my shoulder. "They're quite good."

"Of course," I agreed. "Jessica once told me that they used to sing together for some events before she moved to London."

Louis lifted his eyebrows as he understood. "Oh."

Not long, Jessica and Niall finished their song and stepped off the stage while the guests applauded them. Then, the host came on again and said on the microphone, "Thanks Niall and Jessica for the song! That was one of my all-time favourite. And for the next song, let's give it up for Liam and Kirsten!"