Chapter 2

Trent

I felt my heart jumping out of my chest in delight when the brunette entered the classroom with her hair fluttering in the early September wind. Don't judge, I always have a thing for brunettes.

I turned towards her direction, still seated in one of my bros' — who was in my gang — seat. We liked to call our team a gang because we could closely resemble a real gang — with a leader, a to-be-leader and with a bunch of bros — and we're quite violent at times. My bros were seated around me, laughing and slapping each other's backs. I shook my head at them fondly before focusing on her again.

I watched her walking up to a girl who tied her hair up into two piggy tails and had a pair of large pink-framed glasses sitting on her nose. I watched the exchange between two girls and a sudden pang of familiarity hit me.

Pink, the colour of her.

I was in Brad's party, a blonde whom I met in a fight in back in our kindergarten. I had been fond of fighting with someone wince I was young. I remember how we met. We fought for a toy car until the teachers had to stop us and basically pulled us away from each other. And despite the contemporary hatred towards each other, since we didn't get that toy car at the end, we became best friends.

I remembered my dad dropping me off in front of a black-painted wooden door. I was dressed like a musketeer, despite my effort telling my mom that I wanted to be Superman, or Batman, at least. And I remembered how I walked into the room like I owned that place -- technically I did own it, considering the amount of time of my childhood spent goofing around with Brad and our mutual friends in here. I guess that was the start of our leadership.

I walked to the centre of the room, my eyes glancing around for my group of friends, and found no one instead. I felt a gush of wind behind me and I whirled around, colliding with a laughing Brad. "Tag! You're it!" Brad yelled cheerfully and I managed to push him off me, laughing as well.

"We shall see about that, Brad!" I remembered how I yelled as he took off running after I pushed him off me and how I chased after him and we finally stopped beside his bed and watched him taking out his ultimate collection from the bottom of his bed —that was what he called it, and he only showed it to people whom he trusts — and grabbed a red-painted toy car and a black-painted car, which I believed was a cop's car.

He sat us on his bed and made engine sounds as he ran the car along his bed, and made swishing sounds as the car raced past us. I made the sound of a siren of a cop's car in return, chasing the red car on our imaginary tracks. Brad even purposely collided our car together, giving me a sly smile as I gave him an incredibly cute and innocent smile and pushed him off the bed, laughing when he struggled to get back up there. "You did not play fair, Grayson!" Brad complained as I caught a brief flash of pink dress at the corner of my eyes before they disappeared like how they came. I gazed towards where I last saw that fluffy, pink dress while patiently waiting for its next arrival. "Are you even listening to me, Trent Grayson? Hello?" Brad inquired while poking my arm, but turned his head towards the direction I was silently pointing at when he got no answer.

"Oh, this is Alexis Williams, a girl in my class." The girl in question whipped towards my direction upon hearing her name and held my gaze with her light, doe-like brown eyes. I stopped dead in my tracks when my eyes met hers and I could feel the air in my lungs being drawn out. I looked at her perfectly tied piggy tail to her pink fluffy dress, taking my time to absorb her beauty as she gave me a sweet smile and I gawked at her without saying a word. She giggled and walked off, leaving my gaze lingering at where she left. "Everyone likes her, she is nice and friendly," Brad whispered in my ear and I smiled, thanking him for the information.