Chapter 26 - How to occupy yourself when you've been locked up part 1

I wake up with the headache from hell and as I recall my last few moments of consciousness I become very, very angry.

I wasn’t so sure about this before but now I think I’m capable of killing Drake. As fast as my throbbing head allows me (which isn’t as fast as I’d like) I sit up and proceed to make my way out of my room and to the kitchen.

Before I got there I noticed the door leading out of this wing was closed. Oh this is a very sick joke, I try opening the door again and find much to my inherent displeasure it’s locked.

This was ridiculous.

First the idiot drugs me and then he locks me in his wing?

I was the saying ‘hell hath no fury like a women scorned’ personified right about now.  As I was turning away from the door I noticed a small note on the floor. It must have fell off the door.

I pick it up and walk over to the kitchen, whilst musing over the many ways that I could kill Drake.  This as you could imagine was a very entertaining pass time, it also helped me calm down enough to begin to think rationally.

The kitchen, thankfully was well stocked certainly more so than the last time I was here. Assessing the amount of food it looks like they want to keep me here for a few days.

I pour myself a glass of orange juice and take out some chocolate biscuits. The thought occurs to me that this too could be drugged, just as the milk was but then I counter argue with myself – why would I get drugged if I’m already in the place they want me to be?

Which would be locked in Drake’s wing, I guess it wasn’t enough for them to have me in the middle of nowhere England, with no communication to the outside world and on top of that I didn’t even know how I’d get out of here should I need to.

On the topic of Drake I remember his note and unfold it.

Ez,

I know I’m not your favourite person in the world right now but I had to do this. I need to keep you safe. I’ll explain everything when I get back.

-Drake,

ps. I left the library door open so you wouldn’t get too bored.

Hmm, well one thing he had right was that he was most definitely not my favourite person, as for keeping me safe, I’d like to know what from.  I was welcoming the explanation though, maybe then I’d finally know what’s going on.

That wasn’t to say I wouldn’t be doing some digging of my own.

With a renewed sense of purpose, I left for the library hoping that somewhere on this wing I’d find answers. The library was in complete disarray, it didn’t help that the room was oddly shaped, resembling a pentagon cut in the middle.

In the middle of the room was a table and chair, the table was littered with papers, the surrounding floor splattered with scrunched up paper balls. The room was very bright and well lit, due to it’s many windows. The walls were ordered in a pattern that went: bookshelf, window, bookshelf, window to my left side.  There were random boxes scattered around the room, with piles of books near them, one box had cardboard tubes protruding – probably posters.

I got to work, examining each book in length. I flick through it’s pages and it’s cover page all to see if it could possibly be useful to me or if it holds any information I would want to know.

Two hours later, all I’ve found is a small drawing which looks like directions or some sort of map but I have no idea. I hadn’t check out the boxes or the desk but felt the need t have some sort of break as the beginnings of a headache threatened.