2. A ghost from the past

I fell to the ladiesroom floor, each of my limbs shaking like a earthquake. My heart was trying to escape from my chest as leaned my back against the wall painted in perfect warm shade of grey.

"It's not possible." I assured myself, after quickly checking under the wc cubicles to be sure I was all alone. Let's be honest I have slept with almost fifty men but I still think that the possibility to bump into one of those fifty is pretty low, am I right? I mean this is London. The city of London has aproximitely 8.3 million people and I bet at least half of those are presenting male species. How in hell is it possible to stumble upon one particular member on my list of 'people I have slept with' after one year? Okey, I admit that I might collide with those guys in nightlife but- but in the head of the company that I'm hoping to get a job for myself? It's impossible right? I must be dreaming.

Right?

I have slept with the heir of one of the most successful family companies in England and I wasn't aware of that?

I need to stop drinking. That's for sure.

I need to start asking questions. Do background checks before falling into another man's arms ever again.

I need to move monastery for nuns to make sure something like this never happens to me again.

I pinched myself, hoping to be awaken from this nightmare but it seemed that this was as real as it can possibly get.

I was working for Thomas Hurdley. A 30-year-old heir of successful family company. A company that holds ownership of at least 50 different restaurants and hotels all around England. His father, 59-year-old Maxton Hurdley is slowly giving away his place in the lead of the company. Thomas, being the oldest one of his three sons is taking the place and day by day learning to run the empire.

Apparently, me by his side as a his personal assistant.

Well, at least for another five minutes before he actually is going to meet me.

"Fingers crossed he doesn't remember me." I muttered to myself as getting up. A quick check in the mirror made it definitely clear that I have just seen a ghost from my past on my way to the restroom.

***

TWO DAYS EARLIER

"So this is settled?" The young beautiful woman asked after telling me about procedure of this firm. I on the other hand was still trying to deal with the fact that I was actually getting this job. It felt simply too good to be true. A robotic nod was all this woman that introduced herself as Anna Parker, the staff manager of the company, got from me.

"If you are ready to sign the contract right now, you'll be starting in two days." She continued while I stared into those ocean blue eyes of hers which gazed right back at me.

Say something, idiot.

"I would love to get started as soon as possible." My voice reminded more of squeal of a mouse than a strong, smart female that I was.

"Well that's all the staff manager wants to hear." She smiled at me before placing her own signature in the paper in front of her and turning the paper for me to sign on. With shaking hands I took a tight grip of the silver pencil and quickly eyed through the contract once more so I was hundred percent sure where I was getting myself into.

"I have arranged short meeting with Mr. Hurdley for Monday morning. He's a busy man as I have told you so let's make the introction quick and painless for both of you. Clarissa from the front desk will induct you further into the job. Most important thing is to be patient and follow any changes that may come during the day in to his schedule. Remember that he is your boss, he might give you different kinds of tasks. Someday he might want a espresso and other need you to get his suit from cleaner or do back ups of most crucial files." I nodded but kept the slight worry I was feeling hid somewhere deep inside of me. This was first time that I did personal assistanting. Only things I knew I was good at were being patient with drunk people and ability to handle hasty and stressful situations. What I wasn't quite as sure was my ability to handle bossy and snappy people. It might be because I'm more or less the latter when I get mad.