5. Bad blood

"You have all the papers that I need?" Thomas confirmed for the second time this morning. We were heading to the 12th floor where conference rooms were placed. Fifteen minutes and then would be showtime. The closer we went 8 o'clock the more nervous the man beside me started to be. I was slightly suprised by the fact, he didn't seem to be the type of guy who got nervous. More like the type of man whose presence got other people nervous.

"Yes, I still have them." I assured.

I stole a quick glance of him, thinking that he wouldn't notice.

"What?" He spit out, no doubt refering to my glance. The truth was that the man looked gaunt. I bet he didn't sleep last night at all. Luckily for him, he was gorgeous enough to be sight for sore eyes even if he stopped sleeping for good.

"You haven't sleep at all?" I expressed my thoughts as a simple question even though it came out more like a raw statement.

He snorted, "Don't you worry about me." The man was starting get into my nerves with his arrogance. He needed to come down a few notches if we were going to get this work one day. He didn't seem to understand that my job was to worry about him. If he can't put a smile on that sour face of his, he could forget the signatures in a contract.

"I didn't hire mother to myself." He kept muttering under his breath as we reached the floor twelve.

"Then don't act like you need one." I hissed before stepping out from the elevator and heading to the meeting room five where the presentation would take a place in roughly ten minutes.

I heard his heavy footsteps behind me as I placed the papers to the table. The man didn't hold back any of his strenght as he slammed the door close behind him. It emitted a loud whining sound that made me startle a bit. He put the laptop to the table and started to set up the equipments for the dia-show. It only took few seconds before he opened his mouth.

"Consider this as your first warning: if you ever speak to me like that ever again, you are out." He warned me. Before I even grasped my humourless laughter filled the space. It made him storm right into my face.

I didn't let him intimidate me, though I found myself taking support from edge of the table as I stood still. I don't know wheter I did it because I wasn't exactly sure if I was able to hold back my temper or because he did intimidate me.

"I'm not joking around." He let me know, those lips close enough to feel his breath against my lips.

"Then you have to fire me right now." It was his turn to free humourless laugh in the air. For your information, I wasn't joking around either. Those icy blue eyes kept staring at me, like checking wheter I was being serious or not. He was about to say something when a knock on the door kept him from saying anything. As he returned back to the equipments I took it as a silent demand to get the door.

***

"Do we all get as beautiful assistant as you are if we sign the deal?" This handsome man in a black, expensive suit asked with a flirty tone and made the whole group chuckled. He was gorgeous, probably somewhere in his late-twenties. Deep brown eyes, strong jawline and thick black short hair combined with fit, tall body and boyish grin: that kind of man who you could get lost if you weren't careful enough.

"You just might. But you have to sign the deal to know for sure." I answered playfully and lifted my left brow as I pushed the contract towards him as a joke. Again the whole room chuckled, except Thomas. In his face was a forced smile and those wide jawbones were clenching as he knotted his right hand into a fist while the left was hidden into his pants' pocket.

"Oh, you are good darling." The man in a black suit commented with a frisky tone. I rarely say no to a little bit of flirt with a handsome man so I continued my playful actions.