Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 9

*Jungkook's POV*

I had no idea where i drove to. I drove through the wee hours of the night, not knowing the place very well and hope no form of disturbance occur to us at that time.

"Ahh....!!" I grunt, trying my hardest to withstand the pain, one on my left eye and the other somewhere in the abdomen.
As i was busy driving, i noticed something ticklish running down right under my nose. I wiped it with a finger and blood appeared.
Slightly panicked, i wiped my nose using the back of my sleeve. Not exactly helping as the material was leather.

I stumbled upon an abandon loading area for those large cargo ships, overlooking the black sea.
Having no idea where i was, I parked on the loading ground nearby the edge of the sea.

I looked over at the back seat, checking up on Taehyung. Seeing him passed out with his eyes half opened and his mouth slightly parted, letting out a light snore. He had his bruised hands lay on between his tummy and chest. As if having no care in the world after the ordeal we had before.

I turned my head back to face the dark sea and the nearly lightened up sky. Figuring that it was nearly reaching 5 or 6 am here.

Relaxing myself, i lay my back against the car seat. Having all those memories we had as kids together suddenly appearing in my thoughts.

A couple of minutes later , i heard movements coming from the back seat.
I turned my head around and faced him, with one of my eyes bruised.
I bite my lips to avoid talking as i observed him first. Waking up slowly, obviously feeling the massive pain in his hands as he sat up, presenting his own hands in front of him.

"What the hell happened....? " Taehyung murmurs, weirded out by the cloth tied up over his bleeding knuckles.
"You went and punch a tree, repeatedly." Feeling a little scared and wary, i explained briefly.

I guess he calmed down afterwards. After applying some first aid on his wounds that we found on the back of the trunk, we sat by the edge of the loading planks as the whole sea danced in waves in front of us.

After nearly half and hour watching the sun rising, Taehyung was the first to break the silence.

"Why...."

I turned to him.

"Just.......why?" He repeated, his eyes still watching the waves in the distance.

I turned away, bringing my head down as i looked at my hands. Couldn't think of anything at that time as i asked myself the same question.

"Did you...purposely just come all the way here....after years of disappearing.... just to....hurt me?" Tae's head slowly turning towards me as i saw him from the corner of my sight.

'No....' i answered in my head. Feeling my chest tightening.

"Answer me, Jungkook..... " he demanded but in a low tone of voice.

"No, Taehyung. It's not like that....at all. It's never like that." Finally after collecting a handful of courage, i spoke up. Certainly didn't want to see that side of him again.

"Then??" He said,
"I just....i don't know....i couldn't help it....but it's not (y/n)'s fault. It was dark and i went in. She thought i was you."

Taehyung stayed silent as he averted his eyes from me and kept his gaze on the rough waves.
"I have...i have a problem, Taehyung. It's useless saying it now —."
"What problem?? " he suddenly asks, returning his gaze to me.

My abdomen started to hurt again. I groan out the pain, instinctively closing both eyes before another shot of pain went to my bruised eye.
"Let's go to the clinic first," Tae suggested, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"No, no no I'm good. I need to tell you this first..." i stopped him from getting up.