Sacrifice Part II: Chapter 12

*Taehyung's POV*

After fumbling into the lock with the typical card trick, i successfully got myself into Dave's loft.

I did what i needed to make it seem like he legitimately ran away. I ran through his closet, stashed his clothes inside a briefcase, searched for his Visa and anything that was needed including his laptop and a few other documents.

Having experience doing something like this for the past few years, I wore a pair of disposible rubber gloves (which i managed to grab before leaving my apartment), taking everything from Dave's place and made sure absolutely nothing was left behind, even my DNA.

With success, i managed to get out of the loft after locking it from the inside without anyone noticing. The people here are sort of stuck up and couldn't give a damn if someone robbed your apartment, as long as it's not them.

Making it back safely to the car, i opened up the boot and threw in the luggage before hopping inside the driver's seat.

"Baby?" I called her. Seeing (y/n) in a sitting fetal position on her seat, her iPhone within one grip.
"Yeah....?" Weak, she responded.
"I need you to accompany me for a while. Okay?" Reaching a hand over her, placing them over her shouders before gently pulling her closer. Forcing her into an embrace.

I know (y/n) is scared. Frightened of what just went down a moment ago. Never seeing this side of me before in years of knowing me.

Back then, i had Jimin and Jungkook covering for me. Taking her mind off and averting her focus from me.

And now, it was just us two. I knew sooner or later that this will happen. But I just wasn't ready to get her involved.

This wasn't planned at all. One night, investigator Dave just barge into our living space, just like that. Taking us both by surprise. Not letting me conduct a proper plan beforehand that won't necessarily include (y/n).

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I had to." I said, running my hands down her back.

"No....no, we didn't....!" she broke away, pushing me in a weak way as she was tired of it all.

"(Y/n), you don't know David Meister. You don't know who he is. He's relentless —"
" — but we didn't have to kill him, Kim Taehyung!!" She screamed, reaching her limit.

My heart broke down, just like she did.....

But i have to be stern with her in situations like this. Situations (y/n) will never understand.

"I don't want to argue with you about this. I know what i am doing. It's for us. You, me.....and Jimin." I start, laying my back against the seat as my sight falls straight ahead.

"Dave was going to report us to the police about what we did 2 years ago. Don't you even remember?? Do you want the higher authorities to know?? Do you want to sleep in jail?? Do you want all of that for Jimin???
I've done a lot to keep this a secret.
I vowed and promised to the both of you that I. Will. Handle this.
And i certainly will not allow anyone to break us even if it means that i have to get down and dirty. Do you understand me?"

Of course, (y/n) stayed quiet. Not even letting out a single noise.

"Although you have never seen this side of my life, but you knew me. All these time. All these years. You knew my character. You should understand, by now, that i am the type to protect you guys at all cost. You should know, by now, that i am not the type to break a promise. Especially an important promise like this. Remember that night we got home from the lake? Do you remembered what i said to you?"

*mini throwback*

"Trust me; you, Jimin and me, we are going to be fine. I don't do this for just anyone. I really care about you guys.And I will make sure nothing happens. Please, do not asked me anything else after this. Just act normal. When I'm ready, I'll...explain, okay?"