Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Joey's POV~

I sat beside Meghan on the bus, as other students began to file in ready to go home. It was a good first day really. No one found out I like boys, no one noticed I was there, I made a new group of friends and I made a new friend with a kid who genuinely needed someone there.

I was constantly checking my phone in case Shane had text me again. But he hadn't. I suppose I should expect that. Phones aren't allowed in school. So he must not want to get caught.

"Hey Joey?" Meghan said, pulling me from my thoughts. The bus had started moving thankful long, meaning I would shortly be at home.

"Yeah?" I smiled at her.

"Ingrid and I are gonna out for Froyo later. You wanna come with?" She asked , Ingrid was sat on the seats in front of us, so she was dangling over the back to see us.

"Sure I'd love to!" I beamed. Froyo. The cute boy from my old school worked there. I wondered if he would be there tonight.

"Great! So 6 o'clock?" Meghan checked with Ingrid, who nodded in response. "Joey Ill pick you up okay?" I nodded. My mind filled with thoughts of my rush. I had to impress him tonight. To finally make him mine.

Subconsciously, I looked over at where Shane was sat. He was looking out the window. So far, no one had yelled anything at him. I was happy about that.

"Meghan?" I asked. "Can I invite someone else to join us?"

"Sure! That'll be fun!" She beamed.

I started texting Shane. I thought it would be nice if he came with us. Maybe he could join our group of friends and then he'll be happier and feel better about himself. Plus then I'd get to see more of him. I wasn't sure why but I just felt like I needed to be close to him. It almost killed me in special ed that morning. I wanted so badly to hold him. And talk for hours.

'Hey Shane. The girls and I are going to froyo tonight. Wanna come with? -Joey'

I pressed sent and immediately looked over at him. He slowly turned his head toward his crotch and smiled. I was assuming he'd read it. He must have done, because moments later I had a reply.

'Which girls?'

Meghan was looking over my shoulder as I replied. I knew I could trust her knowing all this. She wouldn't judge.

'Meghan and Ingrid. But I'll be there. So you'll be okay? :)'

I smiled at Meghan. Ingrid had turned to sit properly on her seat so she didn't see me texting. Or who I was texting, whereas Meghan was starting to click on.

'Okay. What time?'

I smiled at Meghan at the fact he was coming. I wasn't sure of my feelings yet for him. But I think Meghan assumes I'm in love with him already.

'6. Ill meet you there?'

The bus stopped and Meghan and I hopped off. I smiled at Shane as I passed his window. He sheepishly smiled back.

"You like him!" Meghan squeezed as the bus set off again. I just chuckled, unsure of how I should respond. I did like him. But not as much as the boy in froyo whom I'd see tonight. I hadn't seen him in so long. But then I thought about Shane. They were both very different people. But I guess I liked both of them. That's not a bad thing, right?