Chapter 9

Chapter 9

~Shane's POV~

As I walked through the front door to my 'home' I already know how my evening will turn out. I try to be as quiet as I can as I walk through the house to get to my room. My mom is in the kitchen preparing dinner. She too, is being as quiet as she can.

"Hey baby" she half whispers to me, forcing a smile onto her face. I try to smile back, but it's my obvious fake smile I always use at home. "How was school?"

"Awful. I got beat up again by Anthony and Sawyer." I sighed, small flashbacks dancing through my mind.

"So, no new friends?" She questioned anxiously. I know it breaks her heart that I'm so alone and depressed. But she always desperately tries to make it better at home. But my dad never agrees with that. He puts us back in place.

"I did actually" I finally get out. With my thoughts spiralling back to Joey, a smile creeps upon my face. A genuine smile. Not as big bright and Joeys always is, but still a smile non-the-less.

"Tell me all about him!" My mom has a smile too now. She'll only ever wear a big genuine smile when either my brothers or I are happy. That's not very often.

"He's a little taller than I am. And he has brown hair, and the biggest green eyes. He's in my special ed but I don't know why. He seems like any ordinary kid. He's really kind to me too. Not like any of the other kids at school." I'm still smiling.

"He sounds like a lovely boy" she smiles back at me, lowering her voice. I think we were getting too loud.

"He is" I sigh happily, thinking about what may come later at froyo with him. "Oh, can I maybe go out later? I meeting with some friends."

Her face is a mixture of shock and relief. Last time I asked to meet with friends I was 6. I think she was happy I was perhaps finally breaking out of my shell. But I wasn't. I was going for Joey only.

"Yes, yes of course you can. Who with? What time will you be back?"

"I'm meeting with Joey, Meghan and Ingrid at 6" I replied. She seemed happy with my answer. A small amount of pride on her face too.

Just as she opened her mouth to reply, the back door slammed shut aggressively. My mom and I looked at each other. Knowing exactly what would be coming.

"Teresa! Get me a beer you useless shit!" My dad ordered, slumping his way through the house to us. She did as he demanded, then he noticed me.

"How was school today, faggot?" He asked, spitting in my face as he thumped my shoulder.

"Okay" I mumbled, shaking in fear, dreading what may happen next.

He took the beer from my mom and stared at me, an evil grin across his face. I tried to avoid eye contact. But I knew it wouldn't make a difference what I did. He'd beat me anyway.

I stared at the ground. My first mistake. His big knuckle collided with my cheek, catching me off guard and making me fall slightly. He chuckled, before planting a few punches to my stomach and chest. As I lay on the floor, I can't help but wonder what Joey might think if he could see how pathetic I am.

"Aw don't worry son. Ill make it better" he snickered, wrapping his arms around me and squeezing as hard as he could. I could barely breath. I heard a snap. He threw me to the ground hard, and I landed on my knees.

"Now get out of my face!" He yelled, giving me one last kick in the stomach.

I scrambled to my feet and ran upstairs to my room. I closed the door and slid down to my knees crying. The pain was excruciating. I was certain I had at least 2 ribs broken. It wouldn't be the first time though. I cried silently to myself. Half from the pain, half from the fact I couldn't take much more of this life. I pulled my phone from my pocket.

'Hey Joey. Can't join you later. Got stuff to do that I can't explain. I'm really sorry. I really do want to hang out with you. Maybe another time though. I'm sorry'

Then I sent it to Joey. I just couldn't leave my room tonight. I ached everywhere. Why would Joey want to be my friend anyway. I'm nothing special. I'm worthless.

I crawl painfully to the bathroom. Still crying, I curl up in the corner and think of somewhere better. Somewhere safer than the hell my life is now. I pull out the razors from the cupboard under the sink.

I slice my wrist, letting the blood drop onto the floor with my tears. I deserve all this though. I deserve the pain. I'm worthless, everyone says so. They'd not even notice if I left. They'd be happier that's for sure. I hate my life and I just want to leave.

A/N - When I first started posting up my stories, I swore to myself I wouldn't ever put up any annoying ass notes at the ends of chapters. But I just can't believe the amount of support this fic has gotten. Like holy shit, ya'll really liking this story! So, thank you! It really helps me out when I get comments, even if the majority of them just say 'update' but hey, that tells me you like it so ^.^ anyway, thank you for being so supportive and lovely and I'll be posting as and when I can. Love you xo