Wednesday

"So, it's Wednesday now." Colton said, walking up behind my locker.

I nodded, turning to him with a smile. "Yes it is, and have you got anything special planned for the day?"

He shrugged. "I would, but you know, school and such."

I nodded slowly, closing my locker.

"So about my question yesterday, can I get an answer?"

I shook my head. "We made a bet, and you'll have to wait till Friday."

"That was never a part of the terms!" He argued.

"Well, I'm not the one who had a random spur and decided to try making an innocent victim fall in love with me."

A flash of guilt showed on his face but he covered it up quickly so I decided to ignore it.

"I wouldn't call you a victim, I mean, come on, this week has been pretty nice."

I raised an eyebrow. "So?"

He shrugged. "I don't know, just before you give me an answer on Friday...think about it." Then he turned in the other direction to go to his class.

Think about it?

Well I admit that yes, I have started to like Colton in these past few days not in a boyfriend kind of way exactly, but not in a friend kind of way either.

I like to be around him because he's fun and he makes my lonely life more interesting.

I thought I would dread every second of this bet, but I've actually grown to like it.

I like that Colton has an excuse to be near me and keep me company.

I love company.

I love to be around somebody who makes me feel happy.

I love how Colton makes fun of me, but in a joking way.

I love when he acts all cocky.

I love all the laughs that we've shared together.

I love this whole bet I have with Colton.

I love Co-

Whoa.

I did not think it was possible. I really didn't.

I'm not even completely sure if it's me being on a rant or not, but I'm pretty sure that Colton just won the bet.

I didn't think it was even possible for somebody to make someone's feelings change so drastically in the course of a few days, but he did it.

By God, he did it.

I feel not only comfortable around him, but happy.

I feel great, I mean sure, it does get awkward, but I am an awkward person, so that's only expected.

But he makes me feel both happy and safe, and I've never felt that way around a boy before.

Like Lane.

I do love Lane, but the love I have for Lane is more of a mellowed down one and I completely trust him and like being around him...but with Colton, it's in overdrive.

I'm sad when I'm not with him and I crave his company.

It's like he has a magnetic force pulling me to him and-

When the hell did this happen!?

I stopped in my tracks unable to comprehend this.

It's true.