~Chapter 1~

Fall was nearing its end as winter was about to begin. It was getting fairly cold in the month of December. The sky was grey and the wind blew through the pine trees. A small village resided near the forest. A village filled with wolf hunters. The forest was a dangerous place that no ordinary civilian could step into. The wolf hunters protected the village from wolves who lived inside the forest. Wolves and humans despised each other because they thought of each other as dangerous and monstrous beings. A young boy that lived alone in that tiny village thought differently than everyone else. He loved wolves.

The young teen Yuichiro Amane was very fond of wolves. He knew that wolves were dangerous but he couldn't help but be infatuated with them. Yu lived alone in a small house that consisted of only one room with a kitchen inside and a fireplace. Yu made sure to be prepared for the harsh winter that approached. Yu sat by the fire for warmth."Soon..the wolves will start appearing since winter is when they are most active...that's when the hunters..will.." Yu furrowed his brows and closed his eyes."...The wolves can't be that bad..could they?.." Yu muttered to himself. Yu opened his eyes and turned his head to glance outside the window. It was dark outside, it was as though nothing existed outside of his tiny home other than himself. It made Yu feel lonesome and it made him remember that he no longer had a family.

Yu stood up and walked over to his nightstand. He grabbed a amulet that his mother gave to him when he was a small child. Yu smiled sadly at the amulet. He remembered her telling him that it would protect him from anyone who tried to harm him. Yu sighed as he put it around his neck. He felt like his mother was with him when he wore the amulet. Yu never knew his father. His mother told him that his father was a wolf Hunter and that one day he left home to hunt and never returned. His mother passed away when he was eight years old at least that's what he was told. Yu didn't witness her death but he did see her corpse. He remembered when he ran to the scene where she died. He remembered seeing her covered in her own blood and in claw marks as well as bite marks from a wolf.

Yu knew a wolf killed her but he still didn't hate wolves. Yu only despised the wolf who took his mother away from him."I should visit moms grave.." Yu muttered as he put on a green scarf and green mittens as well as a black coat and boots that went up to his thighs. Yu left his tiny home and stood in the cold for a few moments. The cold numbed the bit of skin that was exposed. He began to walk after standing there in a daze."I should go grab some flowers first." Even though it was winter now there was a special flower that bloomed in the cold. They were called Christmas Roses. Yu remembered his mom loved them. Yu stopped in his tracks when he approached the forbidden forest."I'm really taken a risk.."Yu spoke but then smiled daringly."Not like it's my first time inside the forest.."

Yu walked inside and continued to walk until he spotted a bush of Christmas Roses. It was dark inside but not to dark to where he was blind. Yu knew his way around pretty well but he never ventured toward wolf territory, the last time he did that the wolf hunters had to save him from almost getting eaten. Yu knew he was odd and that he was crazy to still love wolves even after everything that happened to him but he just admired them and thought they were beautiful. Yu spotted a patch of Christmas Roses and smiled as he kneeled down to pick them. He decided to pick six of them so he had three for himself in his home.

Yu stood up after picking the flowers he wanted."I better head back.." He began to head back to the village but stiffened when he saw something a few feet away from him. He took two steps forward and squinted his eyes. What is that? He thought. As he walked closer he started to see what it was. A wolf. Yu was afraid but his curiosity drove him to get closer to the wolf. Now that Yu was only a few inches away he could see the wolf clearly as the moon light shined down on them."Beautiful.. " Yu muttered. Yu gasped when he saw the wolf's leg was broken. Yu kneeled down to tend to the wolfs injured leg but stopped as the wolf snapped at him and growled."Don't touch me!" The wolf growled out as his fur stuck up.

Yu stopped and met with the wolfs blue oceanic eyes. Yu was captivated by those gorgeous eyes and his body was paralyzed with fear from the aggressiveness the wolf displayed. Yu swallowed thickly as little beads of sweat dripped down from his temples. The wolf was on edge and on the defensive as it continued to bare it's fangs."Come near me and I'll rip out your throat." The wolf growled. Yu took in a deep breath and looked into the wolfs eyes again."Your injured and I just want to help!" The wolf glared at Yu."I don't need a humans help! Go away or I'll kill you!" Yu took a step forward making the wolf more on edge."If your leg isn't treated then it'll get infected!..and if your left out here alone the wolf hunters will kill you!.." Yu glared back.

The wolf was taken aback by how assertive this human was. The wolf had two choices, he could wait to die in the forest or let a human help him. The wolf looked at his broken leg and growled lowly."....Dammit.." The wolf hated he was going to damage his pride. He looks back up at the human."...Fine.." Yu smiled and approached the wolf."..I'm going to carry you..and if it's alright can you hold these roses for me?" The wolf arched a brow but didn't really care. The wolf nodded in response. Yu handed the wolf the roses to hold in his jaws. Yu gently picked him up and held him close."...My names Yuichiro. What's your name?" Yu asked. The wolf looks into Yu's emerald green eyes, beautiful the wolf thought."......Mikaela.." The wolf spoke as the roses muffled his voice a bit. Yu smiled."That's a pretty name." The wolf stayed silent as he looked at Yu from the corner of his eye. Mikaela didn't want to admit it to himself but he was intrigued by this human. Why did this boy named Yuichiro want to help him when wolves and humans were enemies?

(I'm excited for this MikaYuu Fanfic! I hope you all enjoy~ also I post updates of chapters on my instgram. Instgram name is erika_shindo_amane_hyakuya)