~Chapter 3~

Only a week had past since Yu and Mika became friends. Mika would come visit Yu in his home every night to talk to him and get to know him more. Today Mika came by a little early when it was still evening. As Mika approached the door he was about to change into his human form until he sensed another human inside of Yu's home. He could tell it was the scent of another boy. Mika's interest was  heightened and so he peaked through Yu's window and did his best to keep his presence hidden. He saw Yu and a young boy sitting on his bed talking to each other. He couldn't quiet make out what they were saying to each other but Yu's expression looked very sad. 'Was he sad? Because his mother is gone?' Mika thought. Mika then turned his attention to the younger boy who rested his hand on Yu's shoulder. Mika growled when he saw that and didn't like this boy touching Yu in any way. Mika still didn't quiet understand why he was so overprotective of Yu or perhaps possessive even.

Finally the young boy left Yu's home. Mika waited until he was far away before he went to go see Yu. Once he knew for sure the boy was gone he transformed into his human form and knocked on Yu's door."Coming!" Mika heard Yu call out and waited eagerly for Yu to open the door. As Yu opened the door he saw Mika completely naked once again."M-Mika! P-pl-please cover yourself with something! " Yu stuttered and talked rather quickly. Mika walked inside his home and sat on the bed. Yu grabbed his blanket and threw it at Mika."C-Cover yourself with this.." Yu said as he sat down beside Mika. He wrapped the blanket around his body and got comfortable on the bed."....Who was that earlier?.."Mika asked as he turned to look at Yu."Oh..You mean Yoichi?..he's a friend who came to check up on me." Mika looked at Yu questioningly."Why...? Is something wrong?" Yu's body slightly tensed."N-Nothing important.. " Mika noticed Yu was hiding his right arm from him."Yu-chan..." Mika could sense Yu's stress and nervousness and a hint of fear as well as loneliness. "Yu-chan..What's wrong?.." Yu was silent as he looked away. Mika didn't like this, this was what he sensed when he first came into Yu's home.

Mika scooted closer and gently touched his right arm."Why are you hiding this from me?.." Yu tried to pull his arm away from Mika."You don't need to see my arm.." Mika lifted Yu's chin and looked into his eyes."I'm your friend and I want to help you like you helped me. Something is wrong and I want to help." Yu stopped resisting as Mika lifted up Yu's right arm and pushed up his sleeve. Mika's eyes widened when he saw scratches and cuts on his arm."Yu-chan..why are these here.." Mika was worried and anxious to help Yu. Yu was hesitant to speak for a moment until he finally found the courage to."..I do it to help me forget about the emotional pain..because I'm so.." Yu's lips trembled."Because I'm so lonely..so lonely without my mother.." Warm tears cascaded down Yu's cheeks. Mika's wolf instincts to care for his friend kicked in, he didn't know how a human cared for another when they were hurt but he figured that it was okay to care for Yu in the wolfs way. Mika brought Yu close and licked away his tears and began to whine softly. Mika instinctively turned back into a wolf as he continued to whine and lick Yu to comfort him. Mika pushed Yu down on his back in the process of comforting him. After awhile he felt better and sniffled a couple of times."Thanks Mika..I'm glad your here..to be honest your the first person to hear how I really felt..I've been lying to my friend.. Telling him I was just going through a phase.." Yu sounded hoarse and worn out. Mika looked at Yu and licked his cheek."I'm here for you Yu-chan..I'll help you get through this...because..you have a wonderful smile..and I..want to see you smiling.." Mika began to blush and so did Yu.

Yu smiled a little."Thank you, Mika." Yu slipped his fingers through Mika's white fur."Your so soft and fluffy..and really warm.." Yu sounded tired and yawned. Mika licked Yu on the neck."Rest Yu-chan..I'll keep you company." Yu smiled a small smile."Thank you..that means a lot. " Yu soon drifted off to sleep. Mika looked at Yu's sleeping face and started to wonder what did Yu mean to him? Why has he felt so attached to him? So protective and possessive? Mika knew they were friends but was this how you felt towards a friend? Mika admired how beautiful Yu looked and loved hearing his voice and his  smiles especially his goofy grins. Mika also liked it when Yu gets flustered over his naked body, it was always amusing to him and very cute. Mika turned back into his human form and still laid on top of Yu with the blanket covering the both of them."I don't think Yu-chan will mind." Mika muttered as he closed his eyes and hugged Yu.

As the night went on two wolves surrounded Yu's  house. The black wolf named René responded."This is where he is..but I also smell a human inside.." The purple furred wolf named Lacus standing beside him smirked."Yea your right I do smell a human. Do you think Mikaela is siding with the humans? " Rene shrugged."It doesn't matter. We have to capture him and bring him back to Ferid before Krul finds Mikaela." Lacus nodded in agreement. "You have a point..Krul is more frightening than Ferid..she's Mikaela's mother right?" The black wolf nodded."Yea, We must bring him back before Krul finds him..since he doesn't even know who Krul is..Things could get complicated if Mikaela meets his mom for the first time." The two wolves ran towards the door and broke it down with their body weight and with their claws. Mikaela and Yu both woke up simultaneously. Mika's eyes widened as he saw the two familiar wolves. He transformed into a wolf and guarded Yu."What Do You want.. " Mika growled out every word as his fur bristled. Yu was scared of the intruders and afraid of what would happen to Mika."Mika.." Yu spoke with a trembling voice. Mika's instincts to protect Yu increased as he sensed the fear and stress rolling off of him."Yu-chan..stay back..I'll protect you." Mika spoke softer to hopefully put Yu at ease."Mika..i-i can't..I don't want you to get hurt!" Lacus began to laugh suddenly."So Mikaela is that your mate? A human? Pfft hahaha how hysterical! Hahaha!" Mika growled lowly." Watch your tongue Lacus or I'll tear it out from you." Lacus arched his brow and was up for the challenge. "Oh my how intimidating you are Mikaela~" Lacus teasingly spoke.

René was also amused by how protective Mika was being over this human."It doesn't matter either way if that boy is your mate. What matters to us is bringing you to Ferid." Mika furrowed his brows."I won't go back to the pack. Ferid only wants me back for my strength  so he can take over the forest and I won't help him come into power over every wolf that lives there." Mika spoke a bit calmer but still was on edge. Lacus took a few steps forward as he stared at the human and licked his fangs."Hmm that boy does look quiet delicious~" Mika could smell Lacus's arousal and growled ferociously toward him and barked baring his fangs as his nose scrunched up."I'll kill you if you dare touch him!" Lacus felt a shiver of fear go up his spine. Mika looked monstrous as he protectively guarded Yu. Lacus took a few steps back from Mika and Yu. "René..Mikaela obviously is infatuated with this human..what should we do?" René thought about their options as he blankly stared at Mika and Yu. He finally spoke after a bit of thought."Our leader Ferid will eventually demolish this human hunting village. If you wish to protect that human, I suggest you join us and keep him out of Ferid's way." Mika was silent until he heard Yu's voice."Mika..please don't go..don't go with them.." After hearing Yu's plea his answer was obvious. He looked back at René and Lacus."I won't go back to the pack. " Mika stated. Lacus scoffed at that and René shrugged."Fine..suit yourself Mikaela. I'll inform Ferid of your decision." After that Lacus and René left.

Once Mika felt they were gone he calmed down and turned his attention towards Yu."Yu-chan...I'm sorry I didn't mean to drag you int-!.." Yu hugged Mika close to his body and was trembling."Dummy..you..had me scared shitless...you don't have to apologize.. I'm just glad your okay.." Yu held him as close as he possibly could."I don't want to loose you Mika.." Yu muttered as his voice cracked and a few tears slipped from his cheeks. Mika pinned his wolf ears back and nuzzled his head against Yu's cheek."You won't loose me Yu-chan." Mika turned back into his human form and hugged Yu back. Yu blushed as he felt Mika's soft skin and felt Mika's hair against his cheek. Yu's heart  beat picked up a bit and he straightened up his posture. 'Mika smells so nice..he smells like the forest..makes sense.' Yu thought as he unconsciously sniffed Mika's hair. Mika blinked a few times out of surprise and smiled a bit. Mika smiled a little more when he felt Yu relax against his body. It felt that they were growing closer and closer to each other every day."You won't be alone anymore Yu-chan.." Mika whispered and Yu smiled.