Chapter 8 : New Discoveries

I need to stop getting knocked out, or if I get knocked out, stay that way until all this drama is over.

My head hurt more than it has from all my other recent headaches combined.  They had poured water on my Phoenix, and I was extremely weak from it.  I am a Phoenix, it is who I am and putting out my flames is the equivalent to giving a werewolf a shot of silver.  Everything has a weakness, and getting my flames put out by water is mine.  In my regular form, I'm fine around water, I just wont be able to transform for a little while, having my flames put out, disables me for days and I wont be able to shift for weeks to come.

I began to open my eyes and although it wasn't bright, the light from the flames surrounding me made my eyes water slightly as my blurry vision started to clear and I could start to make out details.  I was in the same red, Arabian outfit as I was before, lying on Hayden's bed in his tent alone.  The massive table of food had been cleared and a fire pit took its place, heating the tent that insulated us from the cold winds outside.

I looked farther and past the fire, directly on the other side of it, rested Hayden, sitting, staring intently at the fire in deep thought.

I sat up slowly in an effort to keep my headache at bay, Hayden's eyes immediately found me, detecting movement within the tent and he stood.  He simply stood, straight up, not moving towards or away from me, and because of this, I had built up enough courage to ask him.

"You never answered my question," I stated, I spoke softly as my voice cracked, and was rough and hoarse from the lack of water.  For some reason this set Hayden in motion as he was by my side with a wooden cup of water in a matter of moments.

"And what question would that be Phoenix?"  He replied to my earlier statement as he sat down next to me on the bed.

I froze, "don't patronize me," I growled out.

"Well, regretfully, you have neglected to give me your name.  All I know about you is your species, and that being the case, that's all I have to call you," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine then, wolf."  The smirk disappeared from his face but I could still see the amusement playing in his eyes.  "What is your plan, your use for me if my little sister is you mate, whom you can not be with because your rank as a recruiter."

His smirk returned slightly, as he reached over and grabbed another cup, and by the smell, I knew it must be something alcoholic. "Your a smart little one aren't you?  I'm surprised you didn't realize sooner but I'm sure the fact that you a wolf-less, ergo, clueless was a factor."

I scowled at him and he proceeded to chug down whatever was in his cup and return it to its place.  "What are you getting at wolf."

He released a sigh as the last of the liquid had descended down his throat, "Lailah is not my mate, you are Phoenix."

"My name is not Phoenix, wolf," I growled out while trying to keep my composure, seeing through his blatant lie.  He was trying to manipulate me into giving up my name to my 'mate' and give up the full name of my brother.  "Stop trying to manipulate me into doing your will, I'm happy to say it won't work."

"Alright then," he breathed out as he stood up off the bed and stood in front of me in mostly shirtless state.  He proceeded to speak in a calm, cold, emotionless tone, "Here's what I know dear Phoenix.  You are in fact my mate, no matter how much you may try to deny it.  I know your body recognizes me as your mate.  You feel warm or tingly when we touch and sparks erupt under your skin and you can't help but feel safe when your in my presence.  Despite the fact I captured you, when I kissed you, you eagerly returned it and even wanted more.  If you try to reject me, you will turn to ash and your Phoenix will regenerate into someone else, meaning your death."