4. The Campsite

I de-tangled myself from Draco, and I got to my feet. We were on a deserted and misty moor, and I thought of a memory of Lacey and I, when we were little.

We had gone camping in our back-garden, with a friend each to boot. Lacey and her friend had frightened us, hissing 'stay off the moors.'

I couldn't help smiling to myself. In front of us were a pair of grumpy wizards, one holding a golden watch the other with a long roll of parchment. Both were dressed as muggles, but not very well. Watch man was dressed in tweed with long boots, the other in a kilt and poncho.

"Lucius, always a pleasure," The man with the parchment spoke. "And Madame Zabini! Right, Zabini... Zabini, field two--ask for Mister Payne. Lucius--weren't you here the other day?"

"Yes," Lucius responded. "My wife and I put our tent up. We're letting the children put their own tent up."

Draco's mouth opened and closed like a fish. "Without magic? Are you insane?"

I chuckled. "Don't have a heart attack, Draco. I was raised in the muggle way. I know how to put a tent up."

"Well that's a relief." Draco said, visibly relaxing.

We walked for about ten minutes, before Blaise and his Mother had to part from our little group. "See you guys soon," Blaise said gloomily. But then his eyes brightened as they started to walk away.

"Dory!" He shouted triumphantly.

"The fish from finding Nemo?" I asked, feeling puzzled.

"That's your couple name! Dory!" Blaise chuckled happily, leaving Draco and I both flushed red.

"He's an annoying little arse hole, but you have to love him." Draco sighed.

I grinned. "So you are having a secret affair then!"

"Oh shut up." 

They trudged up the misty field between long rows of tents. Most looked almost ordinary; their owners had clearly tried to make them as Muggle-like as possible, but had slipped up by adding chimneys, or bellpulls, or weather vanes.

However, here and there was a tent so obviously magical that I could hardly believe that the camp site manager was oblivious.

Halfway up the field stood an extravagant confection of striped silk like a miniature palace, with several live peacocks tethered at the entrance. A little farther on they passed a tent that had three floors and several turrets; and a short way beyond that was a tent that had a front garden attached, complete with birdbath, sundial, and fountain.

"Always the same," said Naricssa, smiling. "We can't resist showing off when we get together. Ah, here we are, look, this is us."

A magnificent jet black tent was in front of us, with space for a smaller tent. The tent didn't look very magical, but the Malfoy crest was coming from a flag at the top--plus there was a pristine welcoming mat on the floor in front of the entrance.

Narcissa reached into her bag, and retrieved what appeared to be a tent. I assumed her bag was charmed to fit a lot more than it should. She also brought out a mallet and some pegs.

"There you go," She said happily. "I think you have to hammer the pegs in with this... I'm not too sure, our tent was put up with magic."

"Why do we have to do it by hand?" Draco whined, looking at the pegs in disgust.

"While I disapprove of muggles on some occasions, this is not one." Narcissa said sternly. "You must learn to not turn to magic for everything."

I grinned. I really did like Draco's mother.