A Typical Day

"At last!  At long, long last!", a voice called out over the usually sleepy town of Happy Harbor, California.  The evil sorcerer known as Klaricon the Witch Boy floated high into the air, laughing wickedly as he shot bolts of red lightning at innocent bystanders.  His Familiar, Teekl the cat, hung around his neck like a scarf, watching with wicked delight as his master brought chaos down on the town square.  Klaricon threw back his head and let out the loudest, most malicious cackle ever heard as people screamed in terror, tripping over themselves to get away.  "Nothing can stop me now!  NOTHING!"

"Think again, Wart Boy!"

Klaricon turned around, horror taking over his expression when he saw who had come to spoil his fun.  "No!  Not you!"  Before he could say or do anything else, he was kicked across the face by a black boot belonging to none other than Nightwing, former apprentice of Batman, now a hero in his own right.

Following his lead were six other heroes from the team, the team of young proteges and apprentices of the beloved and acclaimed heroes of the Justice League.  Superboy, proud cloned son of the world famous Superman, Miss Martian, beloved niece of the alien Martian Manhunter, Robin, Batman's newest protege, Blue Beetle, successor of the late Ted Kord, Beast Boy, Miss M's excited animal shapeshifting adoptive brother, and Bumblebee who could shrink to the size of a housefly at will.

Suoerboy jumped into the air, his superstrength giving him the ability to reach great heights, but Klaricon muttered a spell, and a glowing red force field formed around him, causing Superboy to bounce off and hit the ground. "That the best you got?"

Miss Martian tried to use her telekinesis to break the force field, and Bumblebee tried to zap it open, but nothing they did had any effect. Klaricon cackled as the team's best efforts were wasted. "I've got you puny heroes now!" he boasted in their faces. He raised his hand over his head as he prepared to strike the final blow. "And now you lil' pests! YOU! SHALL! D-"

All of the sudden, the glow from his hand disappeared. He looked at his palm in shock, shaking it to try and get the glow back. "What the heck happened?!"

"Oops."

Klaricon looked behind him. Standing three feet away were a boy and girl, each around twelve or thirteen years old. The girl had gorgeous blonde hair in long soft curls, memorizing ice blue eyes, and her soft pink lips were in the shape of an O. She wore a sleeveless pink sundress with a ruffled hem that ended at her knees, a bleached denim cardigan jacket, and high-heeled wedge sandals with pink straps. In her hand was one half of the spellbook that Klaricon used to wreak havoc.  The boy had chestnut brown hair in a neat crewcut, deep-set blue eyes, and the cutest dimples, although you couldn't tell with the nervous frown on his face. He wore a light blue shirt with black lines arranged into plaid, nice regular blue jeans, and brown boots just like the ones that Superboy was wearing.  In his hand was the other half of the spellbook, it's spine now separated, rendering the book worthless.

Both pre-teens looked up at the Witch Boy with forced, guilty smiles on their faces and let out nervous laughs.  "Oh... were we not supposed to touch this?"

Klaricon passed out.

NOTE: I do not own Young Justice or DC Comics.  I just want to write a cute Supermartian fanfic