The Evil Within

"Coming up to Krypton." The Team gazed in amazement as they laid eyes on the planet Krypton for the very first time. The Bio-Ship showed them a clear view of the planet where Superman's people now resided. They were all in awe, even Lagoon Boy, a million thoughts running through their heads as they hot closer and closer. At last, they landed on the surface of Krypton, just outside the cold steel gates.

They quickly filed out of the ship. When they were all together, Nightwing got their attention.  "Okay, we're gonna split up in groups, that way we'll cover more ground.  When one of us finds Conner, contact the others through the mind link.  We'll all meet up, then we'll talk to Conner together to convince him to come home."

Everyone was so focused on their mission as Nightwing put them into groups, they didn't notice tiny little gray balls roll up to them by their feet — until those balls exploded into a thick gray fog.  The Team coughed and coughed and coughed until, finally, they passed out.  The last thing they saw was a slim, feminine figure standing over them.
----------------------------------------------
When they woke up, they were in a large, dark, dungeon-like room altogether.  The only thing they could see was that they were all bound in heavy black chains, attached to giant heavy metal balls.  "Aw, good!  I'm so glad you're all awake!"

They turned to the source of the voice.  It was smooth, yet it had ice in it's tone.  Sitting in the corner of the room, lit by a dozen candles melting into the floor, was a lovely young woman.  Her fair skin was almost as white as the sleeveless, strapless dressing gown she had on, and her silky brown hair was pinned up into a bun.  But her green eyes, though mesmerizing, were full of malice, and the smile on her face was cold and menacing.  Slowly, she stood up, stepping over the candles to get a better look at these heroes.

"So!  These are the lil' homewreckers who've come to steal my intended away."  Wally looked up at her.  "Intended?  Y-You mean...you're..."  She let out a wicked chuckle.  "Allow me to introduce myself.  I, am Lora-Kad-Zol, daughter of Lor-Zol and Mora-Kad-Zol...and the soon-to-wife of Kon-El."  She saw the heartbroken look on M'gann's face, and wasted no time rubbing her engagement in her face.  "Yes...it'll be till death do us part..."  Her menacing smile grew wider.  "...Which'll be sooner than he knows."  There was a twinkle in her eye, a twinkle Dick recognized right away, a twinkle he had only seen in the eyes of the truly evil.  "What are you talking about?!"

Suddenly, heavy footsteps echoed through the room.  Out of the shadows stepped Vandal Savage, the crème de la crème of all supervillians, the head of the Light, and the one determined to rid the world of all superheroes and evoke the further evolution of the human race.  "Hello, children."  His eyes and smile were the same as Lora's as he looked at her.  "You did well, my dear.  Now all you must do is go through with the wedding, and lure Superbrat into our trap."

Mal sat up.  "Trap?!"  Lora smirked cruelly.  "Oh, I didn't tell you?  Well, since these are your final hours, I may as well.  After Kon-El and I are married, there's going to be a little-". She used finger quotes.  "-'accident'...such a shame, too.  He is quite a catch."  Kaldur's eyes widened in horror.  "How could you do such an abominable thing?!", he shouted as he looked at her, his eyes narrowed into slits, his blood boiling in his veins.  "Oh, well, it was easy after Savage here offered me power and riches beyond my wildest dreams.", Lora said smugly.  Savage grinned wickedly at her.  "Yes, once we kill Kon-El and his annoying friends and take over Earth, you shall have whatever your sweet little black heart desires."  He bent down and kissed her hand.

He then turned back to the Team, with the same smug, evil gleam in his eye.  "Once the marriage is over and binding, we will be back for you."  "Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get dressed.", Lora said, a fake, happy smile plastered on her face.  "After all, it is my wedding day."  They turned their backs to the shocked and horrified heroes.  Nightwing sat up and struggled with his chains.  "You won't get away with this!", he cried.  Both villains turned their heads back towards the former Robin, their mouths formed into pleased yet wicked half-smiles.  "Oh...but we already have.", Lora said, malice and cruelty dripping from her voice.  And with those words said, she and Vandal Savage slunk back into the shadows, followed by the loud heavy clunk of the door closing and the click of the lock — none of them noticing the two identical pairs of blue eyes watching them from the crack in the corner of the ceiling.