True Love

M'gann opened her eyes groggily, her vision blurred. She was lying on something soft and breathable. As she sat up, her vision cleared, and she saw she was in a blank white room, sitting on a white cloth mattress stuffed with hay and rolls of wool and cotton. She wore a plain white dressing gown and no shoes, and her hair had been arranged in a long red braid down her back. She looked down at her hands and saw they were still stark white. She leaned over and looked at the plain square glass mirror hanging next to her bed. She looked like she normally did, except her skin was still a blinding white shade. Just then, she heard a soft, deep groan from next to her.

Conner lay his head on the end of her bed, fast asleep. He was still shirtless, but his wedding pants were gone, replaced with short white briefs. The red ink that had been painted onto his face and chest had been scrubbed away, and his hair, which had been combed and styled to perfection, was now wild and messy. M'gann reached over and gently stroked his blacks locks, now shorter thanks to his previous haircut. The feeling of her fingers brushing against his scalp stirred him awake. He looked up at her, wiping drool from the corner of his mouth. "You're awake! I was afraid you'd never wake up!" M'gann bit her lip. "How long have I been asleep?" "Three days." She sat up straighter, eyes wide. "Three days?! Where's the Team? And what happened to Lora?"

He put his hands on her shoulders. "Its okay. The Team is fine. Chris and Katie are showing them around the village, introducing them to Krypton. Lora was banished from Krypton forever and taken into custody by the Green Lanterns for treason and attempted murder." He smiled at her. "Its over, M'gann. We won. You guys did it. You saved me from marrying that evil, evil girl." He cupped both sides of her face with his hands. She smiled at him and buried her face in his left palm, blinking back tears. "I'm so sorry."

"Sorry? Why are you sorry? You stopped the wedding and rescued me from Lora's clutches." "But you never would've been anywhere near her clutches if it hadn't been for me!", M'gann sobbed. "I pushed you away. I took advantage of you. If I had stopped denying my feelings for you for just one minute, I wouldn't have taken you for granted, and driven you into Lora's arms. It was all my fault." Tears ran down her pale cheeks, faster and faster, only stopping when Conner pulled her closer, forcing her to look into his eyes.

"M'gann, listen to me. This whole thing was not your fault. It wasn't anyone's fault but mine. I'm the one who agreed to marry Lora. I'm the one who didn't tell anyone how I really felt about the betrothal. I'm the one who dragged us all into this mess." He looked down at his knees, feeling guilty. "I guess I was just using this whole marriage thing as an excuse to run away from my problems. I'm the one who should be sorry, M'gann, not you." He looked back at her, his piercing baby blue orbs capturing her sweet honey-tone ones. "But there is one thing that I'm absolutely not sorry for—I love you, M'gann M'orrz. I always have and I always will, no matter what happens." She looked at him, more tears threatening to burst forth, only this time, they were tears of joy. "I love you, too, Conner Kent. And that will never change, either."

Picking up where they last left off in the Temple of Zon, they both leaned in at the same time, his hands cupping both her cheeks, and their lips met in a loving kiss. Feelings that had been held in for mouths were poured out as he put his hands on her back, pulling her closer to him. She held his head in her hands, running her fingers through his dark black hair. It was the greatest moment that either of them had experienced in over a year of separation, and nothing could ruin it for them. M'gann smiled as she felt her mind meld with Conner's once more. Their connection had been restored, and nothing was going to break it ever again.