The Master Planners

Chris and Katie had been leading Wolf towards the Temple of Zon when they had heard some noise by the gates of their village.  Upon investigating, they saw Light minions dragging the unconscious bodies of their friends from Earth.  As quietly as they could, the duo followed the minions to the abandoned castle where the heroes were ball-and-chained.  They waited for them to awaken, and it was after they did that Chris and Katie heard Lora and Vandal Savage reveal their dastardly plot.

They hid behind a wall with Wolf by their side, unable to believe what they had just witnessed.  "So Lora is like Prince Hans!", Katie cried.  "She wants to kill Conner and the people he loves in order to get power and riches!  Its like watching Frozen!  Only this time, we're actually in the movie!"  Chris shook his head.  "We've got to do something!  We have to free the Team and stop the wedding!  The only question is...how do we do it?"

Katie smiled.  "Through the power of friendship and true love!  That's what they did in the movie!"  Chris smacked his hand onto his face and groaned.  He loved his sister, but sometimes she was a few pies short of a picnic.  "Kate, we can't do th-".  Suddenly, he looked up with an intrigued expression.  "Wait a minute...that's it!  Katie!  Your genius is showing!"  She looked down at herself.  "Where?!"  Chris moaned.
----------------------------------------------
"See?!  What did I tell you guys?!  I told you over and over in the Bio-Ship that it was a bad idea to go after Conner!  But noooooooo!"

La'gaan sat in the dungeon, nagging all his cellmates, going on and on like his usual jerkface self.  "We were all doing just fine without Superjerk in our lives!  I tried to tell you things were perfect the way they were, and to let bygones be bygones!  But did any of you listen to me?  NO!  And now look where its gotten us!  We're all gonna die at the hands of Vandal Savage!  Maybe next time you'll do yourselves a favor-". He pointed to himself with both thumbs.  "-and pay a lil' more attention to the smart one!  Oh wait, that's right — there's not gonna be any next time!"

The Team was way too bummed out to yell back at La'gaan.  All they could think about was how they had lost Conner forever. M'gann herself sat all alone in the deepest, darkest corner of the dungeon, hugging her knees to her chest, tears pouring down her cheeks. She hadn't cried this hard since the day Clark announced Conner was getting married. Now, she was not only losing him to another woman, but also to death, which she herself would soon experience. She was so scared. For her, for Conner, for all of her friends. She didn't know what else to do but keep crying. She thought about when she and Conner had gone to their senior prom together.

Gold and silver balloons floated from the ceilings, soft pink lights swirled around in graceful motions, and the sweet music of Dove Cameron's song "True Love" echoed throughout the room as people flocked to the dance floor for the couples' dance. Megan led a hesitant Conner to the middle of the room and wrapped her hand around his. Pushing away his shyness, he placed his hand on her back and held her close as the music carried them away. "True love, I knew I had it. True love, it was mine, all mine. True love, if I could get it back, I'd never let it go this time." Conner smiled at her. "That's what we have. True love." He touched his forehead to hers. "I suggest neither of us let it go."

M'gann was pulled back to reality by Garfield shaking her shoulder. "Sis...you okay?" M'gann began crying all over again. "No, Gar...no, I'm not okay! We're all gonna die because of me! If I hadn't started ripping into the minds of others, I wouldn't have lost Conner! Then he wouldn't feel unwanted, and he wouldn't have run away to Krypton! Then we wouldn't have gone after him, and we wouldn't have been captured and be doomed! This is all MY fault, Gar! Mine!" She sobbed harder and harder, getting the attention of everyone in the room. "And you know what the worst part is? I'm going to die without seeing Conner one more time, without ever telling him I made a mistake, without ever confessing that..." She gulped, more tears threatening to burst forth. "...I love him." She buried her face in her knees and bawled her eyes out.

All of the sudden, there was the extra-loud sound of two laser guns' ZAP! The next thing they knew, the very wall of the dungeon melted into a giant puddle of metallic goop, to reveal Chris and Katie in their superhero uniforms, a laser ray guns in each of their hands.  They were wearing their superhero uniforms, and they had Wolf by their side.  Both of them were smirking.  "Oh yeah."

"Guys!", Dick cried as they used the guns to melt the Team's chains off.  "You came to save us!  I didn't even know you knew we were here!  Wait...where did you get the laser rays?  I thought technology wasn't allowed."  Katie giggled.  "Chris made them, with only some hairbrush bristles, a few chicken pellets, and the broken metal snaps off old mousetraps for power!"  Chris blew the smoke off his homemade gun.  "I should thank Damian for dragging me to all those Survival 101 classes."  He smiled at the others.  "Now c'mon, you guys!  We've got a wedding to crash!"
----------------------------------------------
In the halls of the ladies' grooming parlor, footsteps were heard, footsteps of a strong young man.  Kon-El walked through the special passageways of the parlors, paved for the grooms to make their way through the building without seeing other women prepare for their marriages.  The hallway led to the waiting room, where the bride sat and waited for her groom to appear, so he could take her to the Temple where they would wed.  Most men walking the path would have a happy spring in their step, but as for Conner, his feet felt as heavy as stone as he dragged them along.

He caught a glimpse of his refection in the window glass.  His hair was perfectly cut and styled, his uniform gleamed with gold, and his chest was decorated with the symbols of bravery.  He looked handsome, regal and dignified.  Even the scented oils the bathman had doused him with were refined scents, making him smell like pine and rosewood.  Lara had told him she had never seen such a charming groom since she married Jor.  He put both hands on the glass as he stared at himself, looking clean-cut yet masculine at the same time.  If only he felt as good as he looked.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed the sun setting in the distance.  Once it completely disappeared and the moon was at it's highest point, the wedding ceremony would begin.  Conner had to fetch his blushing bride and escort her to the Temple before the day ended and night fell upon the village.  Looking at his reflection one last time,  he gave a heavy sigh, almost as heavy as his heart, and turned away from the window, resuming his march towards the waiting rooms.

If he had held his gaze at the window a moment longer, he would have noticed three dark figures making their way towards the village.  The one in the middle was masculine, his shaggy black hair fluttering in the wind as he ran.  On his left, a taller, more pointed and defined figure ran beside him, two long objects that seemed like swords in both of his hands.  And on the far right, a slim, feminine figure floated by their side, her long cape flapping as she flew through the air.

Don't worry, Conner... We're coming for you...  Whether or not he wanted them to,  they had to save their brave and loving friend from marrying the most evil being in existence.