Chapter 21

Scarlett's POV:

I had just woken up and I was slightly disorientated and aching all over my body but nonetheless I called the only name that mattered.

 "H-h-harry" I forced my voice to appear and it sounded so peculiar. It came out as more of a croak than anything as my throat is so sore.

 I strained my body and lifted my heavy head off my pillow to see my best friend Harry clambering off a chair in the corner of the room and tearing towards the bed in which I was laying. I couldn’t help but smile at the thought that Harry had been here all along. I had no idea where I was but I’d quickly guessed the hospital as I tried to remove the wires from my hand. Harry lightly stopped me with his hand and gave me a look to tell me I needed to keep it on.

 “Scarlett baby” his beautiful raspy voice echoed throughout the room. It felt comforting, and recognisable as one of the voices I had tried so desperately to reply to speak out to while in my state of ‘sleep’. Before I knew or could even comprehend what was happening I saw the beautiful boy who I had loved for so long leaning his face into mine and press a sweet lingering kiss to my soft pink lips. What is happening? I have no idea what is going on? My mind started to panic...but I had wanted this for so long so I finally let myself go and began gently kissing him back.

 "I love you so much beautiful.” What?

 “These past few weeks have been undeniably the hardest of my life. I've sat here in this room for 3 weeks never leaving your side and I wouldn't change a second of it.” Oh my god, what the hell is happening? Am I missing something here?...

 ”The thought of living without you killed me baby.” Baby? He called me baby and the butterflies in my stomach means they heard it too so it wasn’t just me being stupid and imaginging it...or my pain medication wearing off because my head is throbbing. Yup I was sane.

 ”The thought of not having you by my side when I wake up, not being able to hold you in my arms, not being able to kiss you, make you laugh, take care of you protect you. God I thought I’d never see those eyes or that smile again I thought I’d never get to apologise for being the reason your here..."

 What the hell? I am so fucking confused right now; my body can’t even handle this much love. I don’t even understand what the fuck is going on. I started to panic as Harry laid his head gently on my stomach and brought my hand to his lips and he started to cry. What the fuck is going on? I had only noticed the tears which were dripping down my cheeks when harry pointed it out to me.

 "No, no, no, shhh Scar sweetie don't cry." he begged and hugged my body, which responded successfully as I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled my face into the nook of his neck. If I could stay like this forever I would. If I could stay in this blissful state of happiness and love forever I would. But I can’t. Because that would ruin our friendship. And I can’t risk not seeing him again. No way.

 "If I thought you were the reason I was here Harry I wouldn't have fought to stay alive. Every time I thought about stopping the pain and ending it I thought of you and how I had a reason to be here. I love you so much Harry I just wish you'd understand that" but he doesn’t like you that way my subconscious added. God, I wish she’d go away and stop adding sneaky comments onto my words. If I could make harry see that I loved him and always had I would. But he loves me as a best friend and like I’ve said before I can’t risk losing him, my best friend, not my boyfriend because Caleb is my boyfriend. My boyfriend who hurts me more than anyone, physically and mentally. He’s scarred my brain forever, I will always be more frightened and cautious of the male ‘species’ now that I’ve seen the dark side I can never go back to the light fully.

 I was hastily dragged out of thought as Harry kissed me again. Why did he keep kissing me, he doesn’t feel like that. Ughh, I am still so fucking confused and most likely drugged up from the medication and pain treatment and this is probably the only reason why I am even doing this right now, but anyway I began to kiss him lightly yet I pulled back after a few seconds and looked directly into his bright green ‘happy eyes’ presumably because id returned to civilisation.

 “By the way…” I whispered as I pulled my face near his ear, making my breath bring goose bumps onto the surface of the proximate skin. “Your song.” I paused. “It was beautiful…” I whispered gently.

End Notes:

Remember guys this is the last chapter repeated in Scarlett's point of view the next chapter will be back to normal! THANK YOUUUU SO MUCH FOR 3.6K READSSS! If you have any suggestions or this chapter has confused you just comment and we'll explain. Anyway VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE WE LOVEEE YOU x