Requested Imagine-Bucky /Part 1/

Imagine for @beth_laur I hope you like it!(:
———————————————————————————————————
Bucky's POV

Fury called Y/N and I into his office for a mission alert. As I stepped inside, I saw Y/N was already there and she seemed more than excited to have another mission. I took my seat beside her and Director Fury didn't hesitate to get started. "Your mission is to take down a hidden HYDRA base and retrieve a flash drive before you're seen. It's heavily guarded so don't try to make your presence known or try and take your chances. But I trust you two will make this mission go smoothly." I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and glanced at Y/N, "you two are dismissed, any questions, ask now." He added. Y/N stood up from her seat and smiled softly at me. It was always that smile that caught me off guard, that smile that made me like her even more. 'Ugh, what am I even talking about, I can't. I couldn't. Falling in love with her would most likely put her at risk. Hydra is still after me, some parts of Shield still hate me. If I told her how I felt and she felt the same way, I would be risking her life. Hydra would be after her and what if they capture her one day and I can't save her and I'm too late. But she won't feel the same way. She would never love, better yet like someone like me. I'm a monster. I've killed many innocent civilians. Y/N could never fall in love with me,' my thoughts were interrupted when she patted my arm. I gave her a small smile back. "You won't be getting any older, Buck. Come on!" She commented before skipping out of the room to get in her gear. I quickly turned to Fury and shook my head, "I can't take her. It's our third mission this week, the other two weren't that bad, but this one. We can't take our risks, Fury. It's a heavily guarded base, I don't want her getting hurt on this mission. Please, we can think of something else. " The Director only chuckled lightly, "Yes, the other two missions were good and you protected her well. Barnes, Y/N is a tough cookie. You two make a really good team, that's why I assigned you both for this mission. She'll be fine. Now suit up, you leave in 5." I sighed, nodding at him before walking out of his office to suit up.

Your POV

I waited for Bucky to gear up as I stood by the door. A few minutes later, I heard voices and I immediately recognized them—Steve and Bucky. Their conversation sounded a little muffled but I tried my best not to make out what they were saying. "Romanoff, Barton, and I will check the perimeter of the base. Apparently it's bigger than we thought. The two of you take care of the inside and don't get yourself caught," Steve said louder for me to hear. I nodded and couldn't contain my excitement. The last two missions were a complete success and this one would added on the list. "Y/N no matter what, you stay behind me. When we get in, stay behind me, okay?" He said sternly. I chuckled a bit and shrugged, "you know we're not breaking into the White House right?" I teased, smirking a bit and he chuckled. "This mission is just really dangerous." I nodded and smiled. "I know. But I'll be fine," I assured him. "Alright, 'nough chit chat. Let's get going with this mission," Steve said. I grinned and we all headed to the van.

~~Time Skip~~

Bucky's POV
I was overly concerned for Y/N. Of course she was brave and tough but she was also kind, caring, beautiful, and I couldn't watch someone like her get hurt. I was too lost in thought I didn't know that we had already arrived at the base. Quickly, I looked over at Y/N and there she was, already getting out of the car. It seemed like her excitement grew the closer we got to the base. I looked over at Clint, Natasha, and Steve and they all nodded in assurance. "She'll be okay, Buck," Steve told me. I nodded and followed after Y/N. I looked up and stiffened. I recognized the base immediately. It was the second base Hydra sent me to after I was defrosted. I was trained here. This place had the toughest men, leaders, and even security guards. After all these years, who knew they would still be here. "Okay, our plan, besides not getting killed; I go in first, we'll take down the guards that will most likely be guarding the doors, Fury gave you the device to track down the flash drive, you tell me the directions. We get the flash drive and get the hell out of here. By the time were out of the building, we'll blow this place to bits." I looked her in the eye and begged, "Y/N do not run off, please. Stay behind me, okay?"

Your POV

We arrived at the base and boy was it big. Steve wasn't joking. I quickly got outside and stared at the building in awe. My adrenaline was pumping like crazy and I was ready to go inside before Bucky came out and stood beside me. I sensed him stiffen up and I'm guessing he was in shock of how big the base was too. By the time I turned to him, he started to go through the plan and practically pleaded for me to stay behind him and I nodded, not being able to stop looking at the base. "Stay behind you, got it." I turned the flash drive tracker on-on my watch and gestured for him to come on. Bucky turned to the others almost in a look of anxiety before running out in front of me. I followed out behind him, staying as quiet as possible, holding my gun in my hand. We approached the side door and Bucky held his arm out in front of me. I raised my brow slightly at him as he attached something to the cipher code next to the door handle. Before I could ask him what he was doing, a small spark went off and the door handle fell in front of us. He turned to me and mouthed, Stay Behind Me. I nodded again and he pushed open the door. In front of the door, two men spotted us. They were getting ready to attack but Bucky was already in pursuit and shot the two down. "Don't take all the fun," I whispered, smirking. Bucky turned around and opened his mouth, beginning to say something but then he looked up and squinted his eyes at something. His eyes widened and he grabbed my arm, backing up, "what? Bucky what is it?" I asked, Following his gaze. "Cameras. They installed cameras," he told me. He started running and pulled me along with him. I tried to protest and tell him that they didn't see us, but seconds later, about a dozen alarms went off. I was looking around trying to process what was happening when I was stopped by Bucky. I turned around and in front of us there were about 20-25 men surrounding us. Bucky took out his hand gun and started shooting at the men as I noticed my watch beeping, locating the flash drive. "Bucky! I see the flash drive," I told him happily. I managed to get out of his grip and saw that the men were dropping like rag dolls. I stepped away from him and decided I could get the flash drive myself. "No! Don't! Y/N!" Without taking my eyes off the watch, I started to run toward the location until I felt a piercing pain ripped through the left side of my chest, right below my collar bone. "Y/N!" I heard Bucky shout. I dropped to the ground as my vision started to blur. My ears picked up a couple more faint gun shots but they weren't directed toward me. The next thing I knew, the assassin was beside me, examining the bullet wound and trying his best to keep me awake. From the choked up words, I could tell he was starting to cry. "I failed at protecting you. I shouldn't have let you run off. This is all my fault. This is all my fault," he cried. "I can't even keep the person I like alive." The last part was barely audible for me. "Buck," I said faintly, the last thing I said before everything went dark.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
AYE cliffhanger! :P I'm really really sorry this is super crappy. My writing skills have gotten rusty.😔😔 but there will be a part two to this so stay tuned!