Chapter 2

As Mani and I are now in the car on our way to her house I couldn't be happier that I am finally with her again, it's been to long. Even though the image I saw of Camila earlier in the airport is still in the back of my mind. I'm just confused, I don't really know what to think. I would accept her any shape or form it just completely through me for a loop. Hopefully she will text me sometime soon so I can get some more insight to her life.

"Lauren?? Earth to Lauren?" I hear from my side as I snap my head to Normani's direction.

"Hm?" I ask her as I furrow my eyebrows in question because I don't remember hearing her say anything.

"I said we're here.." Normani says as she shakes her head at me and laughs.

-

After I finish unpacking in the spare room I slump down into the couch and rest my head in Mani's lap and take deep breath.

"What's gotten into you? You've been so spaced out all day." Normani says as she runs her fingers through my hair.

"I'm just exhausted.." I trail off.

"Right. Lauren I've known you for how long? You don't just get like this when you're tired." Normani says as she gives me a stern look. I sit up and fold my legs in front of me and face her. I inhale a deep breath and let it out.

"I met this girl on the plane.." I pause for a moment to gather my thoughts. "She is incredible Mani. I haven't stopped thinking about her since I met her, she helped me with my uneasiness of flying. I haven't felt this way since you know.." I finish while staring at her awaiting an answer.

"Lauren that's great. I know how hard it's been since then and the fact that you're able to have these feelings again is incredible." Normani says excitedly while I blush at the thought of Camila.

"There's one thing though Mani.."

"What?" She furrows her eyebrows.

-

After my long talk with Normani I'm finally feeling comforted again and not as stressed out as I was before. She talked me through it all like she normally does and I feel at ease. We're currently on our way to have a few drinks from a local bar.

"Ally is meeting us there, she's so excited to see you." Normani excitedly says as I sigh in contentment.

"Great, it's been so long I can't wait to see her too." I think back on the last time I saw Ally. We met through Normani a while back when I came to visit before and the three of us instantly clicked. She's the one who always keeps our spirits up and keeps us happy if we're feeling down. Everyone needs a friend like her.

We pull into the parking lot and the bar is slightly packed like usual. We make our way in and settle for an open space against the bar towards the corner. As soon as we sit down I feel my phone go off in my pocket and I quickly pull it out in hopes that it's Camila.

When I see that it's an unknown number I excuse myself to the bathroom while Mani tells me she's going to get me a drink. When I enter the bathroom I unlock my phone quickly and open the message.

Camila: Hey Lauren. It's Camila.

I smile at the simple text and begin to type back immediately.

Lauren: I was starting to think I wasn't going to hear from you.

Only a few short seconds go by before I get another reply.

Camila: Jauregui, were you waiting for a text from me?

Now I'm smiling like an idiot at her playful tone but I honestly don't care.

Lauren: What, me? No way.