Chapter 3

After talking with Normani for another hour or so, Ally finally joined us in the kitchen. At this point, my hangover subsided. Unfortunately for Ally, hers was just starting.

"I am never drinking again." Ally says as she places her arms in front of her on the counter and lays face first into them. I chuckle at her state and slightly feel bad for the girl.

"Oh come on Al, that's what everyone says. You'll be back at it in no time." I smirk at her while nudging her in the side.

"The entire room is spinning. Especially when you do that!" Ally glares up at me. I put both hands in front of my body in defense while stepping back and looking to Normani who is laughing at the entire situation.

"She's right Ally. You'll be fine. But for now, you should try and eat some toast and drink lots of water." Ally nods understandingly at Normani's words and makes a move to go make her food. I halt her by putting a hand up in front of her.

"I got it. You go into the living room with Mani. Put a movie on or something. It's the least I can do." I tell Ally with a small smile gracing my lips.

"Thanks Laur." Ally says appreciatively while placing her hand on my shoulder and squeezing it in thanks. Her and Normani head to the living room and I reach for the bread and plop two pieces into the toaster. I grab the butter and a bottle of water out of the fridge and set them aside while I wait for the toast to be done.

I walk over to the table where I left my phone and pick it up. I unlock it and smile when the messages between Camila and I pop up. We made plans to hang out on Thursday this week and I would by lying if I said I wasn't excited and eager to see the girl again. Four days can't come soon enough. I try to refrain from texting her again but I just can't get her out of my mind. I want to talk to her more and more as the seconds go by. I am so intrigued by the brunette girl. I hear the toast pop up snapping me out of my thoughts so I lock my phone and place it down on the counter before walking over and spreading butter across the pieces. I grab the plate of toast, the water bottle and my phone then head to the living room.

I sit down on the couch next to Ally while Normani is in the recliner across from us. I hand Ally the plate and set the water bottle on the table.

"Toast always helps me to feel a little better when I'm hungover." I smile at Ally.

"Thanks again. I don't even know if I'm going to be able to keep this down." Ally says nervously while digging into the bread.

"Let me know if you need anything else Al." Normani says comfortingly. Ally smiles in return and mumbles out a thanks in between bites. I avert my focus to the movie that they chose and sigh contently at the comfort of being back with my two closest friends again.

About 30 minutes go by and Ally is sleeping peacefully with her head rested in my lap and Normani is still intently watching the movie. I start to feel myself becoming tired and soon let sleep take over as well.

----

As I begin to wake up, I'm met with an aching feeling in the side of my neck. I sit up and massage the area after realizing I feel asleep sitting up and my head just hanging to the side. I look down to see Ally still sleeping away with her head in my lap. I look to Mani and see she also let sleep overcome her.

I carefully lift Ally's head off of my lap and replace the spot I was just occupying with a pillow. I grab my phone and realize I slept for a good two hours. I make my way to the kitchen and pour myself a cup of coffee then sit at the table mindlessly scrolling through tumblr.

I can't get Camila out of my head. After our conversation ended this morning I just want to text her again. My body is craving any type of communication with the brunette girl and I can feel myself beginning to give in.

I end tumblr and pull up the messages app.

Lauren: I can't get you off my mind Cabello.

I immediately shake my head and regret sending that. I place my phone on the table hearing it vibrate right after. I nervously pick it up and look at the screen.

Camila: Oh really, and what exactly are you thinking?

Lauren: Wouldn't you like to know..

Camila: If it helps at all, I haven't stopped thinking about you either.

I blush at that text. She can't be serious.

Lauren: Well what about me?

I nervously await an answer from the brunette who has consumed all of my attention since the second I met her.

Camila: That's for me to know and for you to never find out. (:

I sigh and shake my head at her playful yet aggravating text. I want to know what she thinks about me. I want to know all of her thoughts, but maybe it's better that she's not sharing just yet.

----

After talking with Camila a little longer, Ally and Normani joined me in the kitchen. Ally feeling a lot better. We hung out the rest of the day watching movies and we ordered food. It was a much needed day with my best friends.

It is now Thursday and I am preparing for my date with Camila soon. This week passed by dreadfully slow and I can't believe this day is finally here. I couldn't be more excited. Ally and Normani are both waiting for me in the living room so they can 'approve' of my outfit choice as Normani said earlier.

My nerves are only growing by the second. Camila sent me her address so I put it in the GPS and she only lives 15 minutes from here. Normani said I could use her car so now all I have left to do is finish getting ready.

I end up settling on combat boots, black skinny jeans and a black v neck t shirt. I let my hair fall naturally over my shoulders and put on some dark purple lipstick. I grab my purse and phone and head out to the living room.

"Damn girl you look good!" Ally shouts from her spot on the couch. I shake my head and laugh at her nonsense.

"She's right Laur. I filled Ally in on the whole Camila situation by the way.. Hope you don't mind." Normani says with a smug grin. I just roll my eyes at the two of them.

"Are you guys sure this is alright? Things have to go perfect tonight." I say as I spin around so they can see my whole outfit.

"Definitely. You don't have anything to worry about." Ally assures.

"I hope so. I'm going to head out now. I'm supposed to be there in like 20 minutes." I say as I enter the kitchen to grab Normani's keys. "Thanks again for letting me use your car Mani!" I shout while walking to the door.

"Good luck Laur!" "You'll be fine!" I hear them yell back.

----

This is a shorter boring chapter and I'm sorry. It's just to get you ready for the bomb that's maybe going to drop in the next chapter so bare with me. I already have it written so it will be in the next couple days that I update again. Let me know what you think.

Jess