Chapter 9

The bed was empty. I hadn't expected anything else from a guy like Harry, yet I wished he would've stayed. I rolled out, groaning. After getting dressed I realized that I had slept through from yesterday until now. When I checked my phone I had a new message from a new number:

Be ready at seven tonight.
PS. You talk in your sleep.
-H

I chuckled lightly. Harry was bossy, yet cute. Sometimes I didn't know what to think of him. He definitely was a lady's man. He must have had a lot of girlfriends already and I was probably nothing he would usually look for. Harry probably felt bad for me or guilty because I'm such a wimp when I'm with him. I dropped my phone after connecting it with the speaker and blasted out the song Avril Lavigne, while dancing crazily through the whole apartment. For whatever reason Harry was going out with me tonight and I had to look pretty, but not too much ...rather casual. I felt like it was time for a shopping spree, but not alone. 

"Hey, it's Bo - are you there?" I knocked against my neighbors door.

"Oh hey! What's up cutie?" She opened the door, smiling happily. 

"Yeah..hey...I was wondering, if you wanted to go shopping with me...?"

"Like right now", I nodded, "Uhm of course, just let me grab my bag!"

We laughed about our shyness on our way to my car. We both had lived next to each other the whole week and only spoke once. 

"God I'm so glad you asked me to come with you! I was literally bored out of my mind in that stupid apartment. Going out alone is so freaking boring." Cleo giggled and slapped my thigh. 

"Same thing! Where are we going?"

"Let's go to check out Oxford Street!" she suggested. 

"That's like super expensive there, isn't it?" I chuckled. 

"Yeah I know, but there's nothing wrong with window shopping and pretending to be rich!"

We laughed again and chatted the whole way there.

"So what are we shopping for?" Cleo slammed the door shut carefully.

"I'm...going out tonight." I screamed quietly.

"OH MY GOD! You're here for like a week and you already have a date? How do you do that and does that guy have any brothers?" She said, eyeing a store window.

"I think he has a sister, but no brothers...Maybe I'll get you a number of one of his friends!"

"Do it", Cleo hocked one arm in mine, "Let's go in here!"

We looked at some very expensive dresses, laughed and made fun of people who were behaving like they were the only ones around. It was fun to be with her and I'm glad I asked her to come along. Two hours later we moved on to a rather lower area of the Oxford street to find some stores we could actually afford. 

"So since it's date number one you want to impress, but you don't want to over do it. You want to be hot, but still casual." 

"How do you just get me?" I asked.

"It's what I call destiny." She answered and tugged me along laughing.

While I was looking at a mountain of clothes, Cleo dug through another one.

"How about this one?" 

"Uhm - it has to be long sleeved...I like that better!" I lied. I didn't like that better, I just couldn't wear anything else.

"Okay hold on", she said turning around, holding one finger up, "We really have to get our nails done, too! Plus I can do your hair!"

"Good lord where have you been all my life?" I asked joking, she just rolled her eyes grinning.

It took a while until she returned with a bag full of a few things.

"Go and out all of these on. It's a whole outfit, I want to see everything on you!"

I nodded and disappeared into the fitting rooms, returning moments later with all of the things on.

"I adore this." 

Cleo gave me a thumbs up and we went to the checkout. The outfit was just what we had looked for: Simple, cute and a little bit of hot/casual. 

Just a few hours we had hour nails done and Cleo had braided my hair

Just a few hours we had hour nails done and Cleo had braided my hair. We were sitting on my sofa staring at the wall. 

"It seems like you're new to this." She remarked.

"I just haven't been on a date in a while." I answered. The last date I had been on had ended with the scars on my body. It had started out like a simple date too, that was why I was a nervous wreck. 

"Relax, I bet it's going to be great! Don't you worry and please let me know how it went!" Cleo gave me an assuring squeeze to my hand and then left my apartment, wishing me good luck. 

Just a few minutes later, there was a gentle knock at my door.  I took a deep breath, turned the doorknob to look at the man, who only came to see me. Harry was leaning in the door frame, his height towering over me. 

"Good evening, love." He said, smirking.

"Hey..." I whispered, staring at him.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked stretching out his arms and holing on to the top of the frame. 

I was still amazed by his beauty. He laughed and took me into his arms. A kiss was planted on top of my head, just seconds before I was tugged down the stairs with him.